Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Liked: 1100

Quote Originally Posted by dfrazer View Post
    Go get'em Brian! Recover, recover, recover.
    Thanks for the update.
    He said it all..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 20

This is very good news, and I could not be happier to read it.
    Thanks for the updates and we will keep Brian in our prayers.
    Doug Fisher

Liked: 8

Default Prayer Works

And we are ALL praying for a strong, steady, and complete recovery.

Best,
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ICopperthite View Post
    When my parents arrived at the hospital this morning they found Brian awake with both eyes open.
    Ian,
    My name is Pete and I'm a flagger. I was working the weekend of Brian's incident (though not near the incident so I did not see it).

The John Stim Memorial National was held this weekend at Lime Rock and at lunch yesterday we got this news. Well, lets just say it made a great weekend that much better.

Keep on giving us good news and remember that Brian has a whole lot of people pulling for him.

Liked: 69

Default Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by ICopperthite View Post
    When my parents arrived at the hospital this morning they found Brian awake with both eyes open. He hasn't spoken, but this is a good start in his recovery. Brian will be moved next week to Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw, NY. They have an excellent facilty and Brian will need their expertise on his road to recovery. While he isn't out of the woods yet and the extent of his injury still not known we still have much to pray for. But for this good news we are very thankful.

Thanks to all for the continued well wishes and support.

Ian

That is fantastic news!! The Sauce family is happy to hear it! Here's to wishing him a speedy recovery!

Meg Sauce

Liked: 1

Default Brian update

Brian opened his eyes again this morning. He also responded to simple requests such as; squeeze my hand and wiggle your toes. His fever disappeared during the night and he was finally able to be transferred. He has been moved to Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw, NY. They have an amazing facilty and as soon as I find out the policy on visitors I'll let you know. I also found out that Brian opened his eyes at the new facilty and was able to perform the same actions as that morning.

As always, Thank all of you for your continued well wishes and support.

Ian

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

aaron

Thank you for the update and good news....look forward to visitor information.

Liked: 551

Everyone here is hoping for a steady flow of encouraging updates. Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.

I met Brian at VIR in 2011. Very friendly, personable. Before that I enjoyed following his car building project, and since then enjoyed hearing about the new car. I know he was ready to have a fun season.

I look forward to the day when he is up and around and enjoying everyday life again. I hope the wait is as brief as possible.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 31

Great news,

Brians responses are very positive. I have and will keep him in my thoughs daily.
    ajw.

Liked: 127

Very good, keep the positive updates coming Ian!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Post great news to hear!

hoping to see brian up and around soon.i work with brian at ametek.I look foward to seeing him back at work-just take your time and get better brian

Default Brian Update

Brian spent over an hour yesterday with his eyes open. He was able to reach out for our Mom and scratch his face and nose. He still has not spoken, maybe in part because of the ventilator.. which should be removed completly within a week. Brian is responding well to his treatment thus far and the doctors have asked my Mom to stay by his side as he seems to respond to her the best. The doctors have asked us, for the time being at least, for immediate family to visit. I know that some of you wish to visit Brian and as soon as I get the OK I'll let you all know.

Thanks again to all of you for the support and well wishes

Ian

Liked: 157

Ian, thanks for the update, keep the good news coming!

Please give Brian our regards and tell him he is in all of our thoughts here at Apex.

Take care.

Tom

Small progesses that those are great. And from my experiences, ventilators are a great nesscary invention but they really suck. I think once Brian can get off the assit and his thoat heals from the abuse of having the tube he will be hard to quiet down to get some rest.

Thanks for the updates,

ajw

Liked: 7

Default Recover soon my friend

Hi everyone.

This is Chris More and Brian bought my 84F Citation that many of you helped provide me advice during the construction. The 84F has moved on to a new owner in Texas and I'm now building a 2nd gen RX-7 for LeMons. I'm late into this discussion and I apologize for not seeing it earlier. Brian was a good friend of mine and he was going to race on my LeMons team later this year. I'm out in the SF bay area now and haven't got to see Brian race for a while. He's a strong minded guy and I know he will push himself to recover 100%

All the best.
    Chris
    Chris More
    Palo Alto, CA
    http://www.chrismore.com/

Default Great News

I just got off the phone with my mother who is staying the week with Brian. She told me that Brian opened his eyes this morning, looked at her and said "Mom Home". I could hardly hold back the tears while she told me, it means everything that he is trying to communicate and wants to get out of the hospital. I'm going to visit Brian on Saturday with our brother Joel, so I'll have more updates this weekend. We hope that all of you had a happy and safe 4th and thank all of you again for the support and well wishes.

Ian
    Last edited by ICopperthite; 07.05.12 at 2:42 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 39

Default Excellent!!!!!

A True Racer!!! Always wanting to go faster!!!! That is great news and no doubt, prayers answered!!!!

Best Wishes,
    Steve Shelton,Jr.

Liked: 8

Default Awesome

Ian, thanks for the great news. Be sure and tell him about all of us and our support. He'll understand and be encouraged.
    Again, super!
    Best,
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 2

Hooray! That's awesome news!

Liked: 667

Man, that is some excellent news! Higher level brain functions coming back on line, recognising family, smart enough to not want to be in a hospital, surely won't be long before he is discussing camber and toe settings! Best wishes from the southland.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 17

Great to hear. Keep it up, Brian!!!

CM

Ian,

I don't know your brother but this update put tears in my eyes. I'm sure there are a lot of people out here like me that have never met your brother but watch for these updates and continue pulling for him everyday.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    Ian,

I don't know your brother but this update put tears in my eyes. I'm sure there are a lot of people out here like me that have never met your brother but watch for these updates and continue pulling for him everyday.
    This.

Continued best wishes from the "extended family".

Most excellent news.

Liked: 7

Default Great news!

Thanks for the update and can't wait to hear about the next positive milestone. I do miss everyone on this board and all the friends I made when building the citation. I forgot how good this community really is.
    Chris More
    Palo Alto, CA
    http://www.chrismore.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    Ian,

I have been watching this thread as well every couple days... I was in grid just after the accident and being part of a racing family it was and still is a good reminder of the danger we face. I am Sooooo happy that he is comtinuing to recover! Please Please keep us updated, so many people are waiting for the day he posts an update for us!

Raymond Blethen IV

Default Brian Update

I visited with Brian for a few hours today and he looks great! He was awake the entire time and from what I understand this was the first time he's been awake for more then an hour at a time. I saw him move his arms and legs, although favoring his right side for the time being. He reached out and shook hands and looked at all of us, looked through the pictures I brought and the card my 6yr old made for him. He was speaking alot today, very hushed tones that were drown out alot by the O2 hiss in the room, but he tried communicating with all of us. He reached out and took my mom's hand and gave her a kiss, the look on both of their faces made it the most worthwhile event of the trip. Brian even at one point asked to write, he grabbed and held the pen properly and attempted to write something down... it was very faint and seemed like only lines, but he was very proud of it. The other big thing that happened today was the MP3 player my brother Joel brought up for Brian. With all Brian's favorites downloaded we put the headphones on him and he smiled while listening. Brian even took the player in his hand and manipulated some of the buttons.... something some of us have a hard time doing with being injured. He's making great progress every day. He hasn't been on the ventilator for 3 days and nights so hopefully within the next 10 days or so the tube will come out and he will be able to comminucate better. We want to thank you all so much for everything. We are putting the cards up in his room so he can see them, he seems to enjoy them very much.

Thanks again for the support and well wishes.

Ian

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

Thank you for the wonderful update!
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Default sweet

I was at Lime Rock for ALMS this weekend and the news of Brian's "Mom, home" went around the paddock like wildfire (as has every step forward that he has made). Every time I am at the track (ANY track) people ask about him and his progress, and rejoice in it. Brian and family are in everyone's thoughts and hearts. My heart is lighter than it has been since June 8th.

Karen Petersen

Liked: 157

Default Go Brian!

Wonderful news. Cannot wait for him to be healthy.

Ian, thank you so much for taking the time to update us.

All the best to the recovery team, the family and of course Brian

Steve

Fantastic !!! This calls for a little dancing....

I think AJ speaks for all of us, [and quite eloquently, at that!]
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

I found that a while back and was saving it for I was very sure that Brian was determined to give everyone something to dance about. I will have to raise the bar on the next ones for each major hurdle that is surpased.

Default Brian Update

Brian had his Trachyea tube removed today and passed his swallow tests. He will be returning to solid foods today. Also with the tube removed he can get outside and away from his room for a little bit each day. Brian is suffering from some severe blistering on his left foot and it will require some healing before they can start to get him standing and moving, but the fact they want him to get up is a great sign indeed. Brian is speaking a little more loudly and coherently today which has in turn provided our family (including all of you) some much needed smiles and relief. I forgot to ask today about the possibility of getting some of you in to see him for yourselves, but I promise I won't forget to ask later and let you all know if its possible soon.

Thanks again to all of you for everything

Ian

Liked: 973

That is great news. Having spent the past few years with family that has been on and off the vent, this is a major milestone! Keep it up!!

Liked: 127

Hey Ian,

Do we still send cards to your parents house, or is there another address that we should send to?

Thanks for the updates,

Will
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Backflips from AJ's bear, IBCs hoisted in the southland, and smiles from all corners of the land of racers! Absolutely fabulous news. This is huge progress. Best wishes for a continued and full recovery.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 182

I have been following this thread and this latest update is the best news yet.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information