Thread: Formula Mazda

Liked: 0

Default Formula Mazda

[FONT=Verdana]Can someone tell me why Formula Mazda is not considered a step on the ladder up to IndyCar? There is Star Mazda, USF2000[/FONT] and Indy Lights on the ladder. Shouldn't Formula Mazda be the first step on the ladder coming from go-karts?
    Thanks

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

If you want [it]to be, sure why not. The road to a professional career can be many routes. The FM is a fast car, pre-wing, bullet proof engine, good resale value when you choose to move up. It might involve more travel to find the kind of competition you will need.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default technically...........

the Mazda Road to Indy is comprised of Star Mazda preceeded by Cooper Tires USF2000 ( i guess since Lights already run at INDY, they are not "On the Road" (apologies to the late Jack Kerouac))

no reason you can't get there without following that path but THEY have it set up so you can showcase your talents (bring money) to the principals involved so they don't have to look for you!

however considering how many are recruited from across the pond et al, it probably makes no sense to climb that ladder

Thread Information