Liked: 58

Default NJMP - July 14 / 15

Race 5 (Saturday July 14) and Race 6 (Sunday July 15) schedules have been posted on IMGs website. The FRCCA generally partners with someone, WKC, EMRA, IMG, etc with track rental. IMG is the host club for the July 14/15 race.

http://imgracing.com/forms/Event%20S...0at%20NJMP.pdf

It looks like another busy couple of days, with practice, qualifying, pole sprint, and race sessions on Saturday, and qualifying, pole sprint, and race sessions on Sunday.

It even appears that Charlie @ IMG is going to be feeding us on Saturday night

For those new to FRCCA weekends, you are welcome to run just one day if that is all you can fit into your schedule. Saturday and Sunday are run as independent races, separate qualifying, etc. I know that when I get stuck having to go into the office on a Sunday, it's still nice to be able to get a full days racing in on Saturday, so the weekend isn't a total loss.

Liked: 127

What are the entry fees for the weekend?
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

http://www.formularacecarclubofameri...at%20races.pdf

This should have both the daily cost and the weekend cost info in it.

Liked: 5

Default Sunday Schedule

I like Sunday's schedule. We will get out at a decent time.
    For pricing check the Web site http://www.formularacecarclubofamerica.com/ or call John directly.

Liked: 5

Default Races

Hey Glenn
    You bringing the whole clan that weekend? Hopefully it is not as hot as this weekend! Also did you ever post Saturday's race on Utube or the FRCCA website?

Yes, my whole clan is coming. This should be an interesting experience, as this will be the longest time we have all been together in one place since my brother went to Marine Corp boot camp, a couple of decades ago.

I'll let our official FRCCA weather man forecast the weather, but long range forecasts puts it in the upper 80s, chance of rain on Sunday. Upper 80s should feel almost cool in comparison to recent temps.

I haven't posted the video yet from the June Saturday race, as it was pretty lousy quality, and the camera got a bit of fog from a not-to-be named car that was putting out a bit of steam from the hot temperatures. I did manage to order a new Replay 1080XD (using credit card points, great way to hide race related purchases from the wife) which will hopefully be here before next weekend. That should allow me better footage from the back of the pack.

Who really wants to see in car footage from the leader anyway, nothing exciting to see up there. That's how I'm going to justify my finish position moving forward. I'm not really last, I'm providing in car camera coverage of the field for others to enjoy
    Last edited by wake74; 07.07.12 at 9:12 PM.

Liked: 53

We are looking forward to being apart of the weekend with our Jamaican driver Collin Daley in one of our F2000 Van Diemen Zetec's.

We will have HD in-car cameras on hand for sale with the Replay XD1080's and Race Optics
    Group-A Racing
    Blue Marble Cocktails Radical Cup & Exclusive North East Radical Sports Car Dealer
    (631) 974-4379
    www.GroupARacingTeam.com

Liked: 18

The NJMP event on July 14 &15 is almost here; I hope we can field more then 20 C/F and maybe see a full field of all types of Formula Racecars. All SCCA formula cars are welcomed and it is easier for your racecars to join us then the other way around due to the extra regulations.

Default Audi R8 LMS Grand Am?

In case you haven't looked at IMGs list of participants yet, someone (the team owner apparently) is bringing an Audi R8 LMS Grand Am race car to run in their sprint races this weekend. At 500+ hp, and somewhere upwards of $300k to buy, it should make for some interesting eye candy, and heavy drool factor in the paddock. Looking forward to seeing / hearing it on the track as well. A quick google search would make me guess that this is the car:

http://www.grand-am.com/tabid/141/ar...-GRAND-AM.aspx

That's really going to make my low budget 30 year old Reynard racing efforts look really low budget

Liked: 13

Default Not 20 yet!

While we still had great racing, we did not reach the 20 car field yet, we had 17. Two events ago we had 19 with only one SCCA C/F. Hopefully, the SCCA racers will understand that it is much simplier for them to race with us rather then the other way around. The SCCA drivers are subject to many more regulations then we are.

Default Videos

I struggled with my new ReplayXD 1080 on Saturday, so no videos from that day. I did get video of all 4 sessions on Sunday. I'm still learning the quirks of the camera system, so I lost the last 2 laps of the final race on Sunday (need a firmware update apparently to fix the stopping at 30 minutes issue), and the audio is horrible (should have used the provided decals to cover the mic hole from wind noise). The video quality at 720p, 60 fps, is pretty decent.

My usual slow but steady pace

6 Lap Pole Sprint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNDZcLk-tm0&feature=plcp

Final Points Race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrBztPVodY&feature=plcp

Thread Information