Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 4

Here in Cendiv, where we counted all 3 majors races towards the divisional points, there were exactly 7 people who actually did 4 weekends and qualified via divisionals.

Let's take me as an example. I did 3 majors in division, and one divisional, but that was in an SRF, so it didn't count.

Yet I qualified for the runoffs with a 3rd place overall finish in the Conference, and alternately with a 9th place in the nationwide points, well over the 50% limit.

If you want to qualify via divisionals, you really need to do the Fall Sprints in Cendiv, since it is one of your 2015 divisional qualifiers.

I have not seen the 2015 Cendiv schedule yet, wasn't involved, but you should have:

This years fall sprints, the drivers school double, the CAT (if we can't get the crappy majors schedule adjusted to include it) The kettle (depending on date, might be a 2016 race) and 2 races in LOL. I doubt (personal position, don't know officially) that there will be a "regular" divisional at BHF. Throw in the MIL/BVR Majors and the Sprints, and you will have 4 weekends "local" to CHi/Mil, and 2 more up north.

As a Series sponsor, I'm trying to set it up so that GLD and Cendiv have at least 2 "crossover" divisionals that count towards each others championships. (and thus race counts) Targeting the Cat, DS race, Gratten, and unsure. Still in unfertilized egg stage.

Liked: 146

I can't complain too much about the Northern sched. Grattan was a great test of man and machine, but liked I MIS when I was there. Not an artistic masterpiece of a track, but you don't get to crank around half a superspeedway every day. Grattan is for sale anyway, and will be McMansion cul-de-sacs eventually. The Autobahn would be nice, but they seem plenty busy without a major.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Liked: 91

Scott, I tried to get CENDIV to do a crossover with Gateway this year to no avail. I would love to see a CENDIV crossover with Gateway. Better yet would be a CENDIV/MIDDIV/Northern/Mid States crossover Major.

In regards to Division champions going to the Runoffs, if there are that few going, then the cost would be even lower, maybe $1-2 per event. Wouldn't it be nice to spend $2 per event to help a few of your fellow competitors make the Runoffs? Also, something to keep in mind is that it is not how many people qualified for the Runoffs through the divisions. Every divisonal champion in Runoffs classes qualified for the Runoffs. The tow fund would be for those champions that won the division but did not finish in the top 4 in a Majors Conference. A lot of division champions are not listed as divisional qualifiers because they finished above the national points total or in the top 10 in a conference.

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to spend $2 per event to help a few of your fellow competitors make the Runoffs?
    You mean those ones with the semis and toter homes?
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Liked: 91

No, I mean the ones that do not have the money to tow all around the conference to chase points. The ones that have open trailers and a pickup or van.

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    No, I mean the ones that do not have the money to tow all around the conference to chase points. The ones that have open trailers and a pickup or van.
    look around at the runoffs and tell me why there's any tow fund at all - majors included.
    Crossle 32F, Piper DF5 Honda

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4342

Quote Originally Posted by BWC54 View Post
    look around at the runoffs and tell me why there's any tow fund at all - majors included.
    The whole process is messed up. They make people that live 3000 miles away do 3 Majors to qualify but the locals only had to do some regionals. Had they had uniform qualifying standards, the entry would have been a third of what it is. It will be interesting to see how some of the slow traffic effects the outcome of races.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 76

I thought you could qualify thru regionals no matter what division you live in. Just not tow money. I am curious if any of "SportsCar's" podium picks qualified thru the regional system?
    butch deer

Liked: 302

Maybe I'm the only one that see's the SE schedule as a problem: The majors "season" is over after the 4th month (may 3, so a couple extra days). The last two races are the first two races for the NE (shared), and the NE is just starting. Only four races at traditional SE tracks... And one of those (VIR) is a shared race with the NE. So, no races in June/July/August/September with nearly 5 months to the runoffs after the last race.

Then there is the timing - the first two races are one week apart, the next two are two weeks apart, and the last two are two weeks apart.

I thought the NE/SE should be separated, but I thought it would be done to make the drives a bit closer for people from both conferences and add a traditional SE track or two, but I don't see any real difference after you account for the reduction of races from 7 to 6.

I'm just not getting the "Majors" at this point.

YMMV,
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information