Liked: 0

As an ex FF guy who has just bought a 88 Swift F/C, are there any substitutes for the rotors or calipers? Ive had a Crossle that I could use MG rotors and calipers....so could someone lead me down the road on this one?
    Also, where could I find a factory book on this car? Thanks in advance....

We manufacture rotors & hats for a wide variety of cars & can duplicate anything you have.

We also make a lightweight replacement for the heavy AP calipers that you currently are using. These calipers are standard on all Citations, Carbirs. & Mygals, and are used by the vast majority of Pro F2000 teams.

Give me a call at 1-317-273-0089.

Richard Pare
    Indianapolis Competition Products

How much lighter are the calipers? What are they made of? How much do they cost?

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited January 26, 2001).]

Current design LD20 replacements weigh 3 3/4 pounds, about 3 lbs less than the AP's. I have just finished the drawings & prototype testing of a newversion that will weigh about 2 3/4 lbs. Production will start this spring sometime.

Current LD19 replacement weighs 3 1/2 lbs, for about a 1 lb saving over the AP's.

All are made of Ductile 80 cast iron, and use stainless steel pistons and ethylene-propolene rubber seals ( EP is second only to Viton, but a ton cheaper). Price is $200 per caliper.

Calper design is that of 2 halves separated by 4 hexagonal spacers. Use of these spacers allows the calipers to be widened or narrowed to suit different rotor thicknesses.

We cast our own rotor blanks in Type 30 gray cast iron, with maximun finished dimensions of 10.6 od x 5.05 id x .45 thick.

We also regularly modify caliper mounting dimensions and hat spacings to allow older car to utilise larger diameter but thinner rotors. For FC we recommend using a 10 1/4 x .3 front rotor, and a 10.0 x 1/4 on the rear, both with LD20 calipers.

Thread Information