Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default 2002 F500 Red Devil - SOLD

It is amazing how quickly situations can change. I was getting ready for Test and Tune at LRP mid April..... when I injured my all ready injured right rotator cuff snow raking heavy snow and ice off a steep roof last week! My ortho will have to repair one additional complete tear and another partial tear which means 6 months of rehab after surgery. Obvioulsy, a torn rotator cuff comes with this car, as Ed C. is having a similar issue!!

I am listing the car which has a non rav 494 with very little time on it(one race school at NHMS and several practive seeions last August and Sept., a Polaris Primary clutch with electric start, an Arctic Cat secondary, almost brand new Hoosier slicks(2 practices sessions last Sept at NHMS), plus a second set of wheels with older Hoosier rains, a spare unpainted nose and spare front suspension. The car has the most expensive 4 gauge Digitron instrument cluster and hardwired AMB transponder. In addition, the belts are good until 2017. Car also comes with hip pads for protection inside the car. I have both logbooks(tech is good until June 2013) and there are 2 steering wheel shafts so one can adjust based on your arm length.

The car can also be purchased with a great 2007 Haulmark enclosed trailer(7ftx12ft) with the additional height and width option(stand up for a 6 footer),electric winch for the trailer,spare trailer tire and rim, electric car lift with battery,SA2005 Bell M3 PRO helmet(size L,7 2/8) and a 30 deg HANS with SFI and FIA stickers. I also have many Primary clutches and a nice secondary clutch, as well a a non rav 494 with the top end rebuilt and a carbs to clutch RAV 494 off asled with 2000 miles on it.

Price for the 2002 Red Devil(which, of course has the Homologation Certificate in the logbook, spare nose, suspension parts, 2 sets of wheels with hardly used sticker Hoosier slicks and older rain tires is $5000 FIRM. I am not looking to make a penny more than when I purchase the car and trailer from Ed in late OCT 2012.

Any combination of the above spares(and many,many more are available for an additional price. The same applies for the spares....just what I paid for them, plus any shipping when I had to pay for it.

Mu apologies to Ed C. and Wayne for using their pictures for this ad. Ed kindly delivered the car and trailer to me at the heated race shop in Canaan,Ct(10 miles from LRP) on the eve of Hurricane Sandy!! The car and trailer have been inside all winter and may be seen there by advance appointment. Pictures are attached...with more to follow.

I will not sell the trailer until the car is sold(but they can be purchased in combination for an aditional price).

BTW: the last picture of the car, taken from behind shows what looks like a scratch....there is no scratch in the rear body work!!
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 04.08.13 at 10:24 AM. Reason: mark as sold

I am pulling this ad for the time being out of respect for another f500 racer, as i refuse to compete with someone who is ahead of me in line.you may still make inquires about my car.....but i will not sell mine until his deal has been closed.this is my idea....not his! I just realized that his car was still for sale and i do not want to interfere with his future possible sale.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by flat tappet View Post
    I am pulling this ad for the time being out of respect for another f500 racer, as i refuse to compete with someone who is ahead of me in line.you may still make inquires about my car.....but i will not sell mine until his deal has been closed.this is my idea....not his! I just realized that his car was still for sale and i do not want to interfere with his future possible sale.
    You're never gonna make it as a used car salesman with that attitude!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

[QUOTE=formulasuper;381909]You're never gonna make it as a used car salesman with that attitude! [/QUOTE

Thanks, Scott....I would do the same for any one here if it were to happen again.Hell....money is important to us all.....but not as important as honor!

Default I'm shopping

I am in Ga. Just want to know if the car is for sale. I really appreciate your consideration to a friends car for sale. You can call or email me. I raced 440s in the beginning and would like to try again, but don't want to go out and buy a new car.
    John Pickle johnpickle2@gmail.com cell 706-617-4660

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by JTP1 View Post
    I am in Ga. Just want to know if the car is for sale. I really appreciate your consideration to a friends car for sale. You can call or email me. I raced 440s in the beginning and would like to try again, but don't want to go out and buy a new car.
    And when John says "in the beginning", he really does mean "In The Beginning".
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by JTP1 View Post

Get it John the F500 world needs you back!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 2

Sorry, car is sold. Flat tappet will probably confirm soon. But I was planning on introducing myself on the forum soon. I plan on racing this car for a while in the Northeast. Thanks, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by RSR427 View Post
    Sorry, car is sold. Flat tappet will probably confirm soon. But I was planning on introducing myself on the forum soon. I plan on racing this car for a while in the Northeast. Thanks, Ryan

Didn't want to jump the gun on my friend and new 2002 Red Devil owner, Ryan Soucy of South Windsor, CT before he announced the sale.

Ryan is a great guy.....and will be a welcome addition(and I'm sure much faster than this old fart(me). My choice to sell was driven by a 6 year old torn rotator cuff injury getting worse, followed by a torn bicep tendon on the same side!

I know that all the fine F500 racers in NER will welcome Ryan with advice and help!!

Thread Information