Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS #3 at Summit Point

Hi,

Registration for DUFFUS #3 at Summit Point with the Washington DC Region MARRS Formula Fest finale will open on Sunday, September 7 on the DLB Racing site. The race is on October 4 & 5 at Summit Point on the Summit Point main circuit.

The weekend schedule will have us as the first run group. The FF/CF group will be running a single qualifying session on Saturday morning with the Wings & Things race group. On Saturday afternoon we will again run a 10 lap MARRS points race in combination with the Wings & Things race group.

On Sunday the Wings & Things group will be split into Wings & Things in a separate run group and a separate group for the FF/CF group. On Sunday morning there will be an 18 lap MARRS points race for each group; W&T's & FF/CF. Immediately following the lunch break on Sunday, there will be a bonus race (I believe it is 16 laps, but I will confirm that) for both the W&T's followed by the FF/CF bonus race.

Thanks to some very generous contributors like Quicksilver Race Engines, Speed Seat and Larry Oliver; we will have some prizes and awards besides the usual unique DUFFUS trophies.

We are hoping to exceed our car count of 18 FF/CF's taking the green flag from last seasons Formula Fest (the DUFFUS prequel). We will have a FF/CF participant's meeting on Saturday afternoon after the first race to discuss DUFFUS for 2015.

I consider DUFFUS 2014 thus far to be an attendance failure (which I have been a party to), but an artistic success. All the drivers who have run with us have had a great time and we have had some great racing. We have the beginnings of a plan for next season and are anxious to discuss them with drivers who are seriously interested in racing with DUFFUS. We have been approached by several groups who have asked it we would be willing to run with them next season.

So, please jump in here and let us know if you plan on coming so that we can make sure there are paddock spaces available.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 78

I am definitely in even if my car has to be towed around the track with a rope! Joe you may have to give me a hand with being creative with the paddock spaces. Last year was a blast I hope to see even more cars this year!

Liked: 313

I'll be there. Last year was a super event and I see no reason this year shouldn't be every bit as good.

Will there be a Friday test day?

Yes there will be a Friday test day. I dont think you need to do the test day... Every time I looked in my mirror you were right there!

That's the problem. I need you to be in MY mirror.

Dont worry I have not raced all year, i think that I will be able to accommodate.

Contributing Member Mark Walthew's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Joe I will be there. I am really looking forward to this.
    Mark

Liked: 56

I plan to be there (me driving instead of Andy).
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

I'll be there. Really looking forward to it.

Liked: 20

I will most definitely there....and I am really looking forward to this....

Liked: 19

I’ll be there; my car has been ready for the past two weeks. Looking forward to racing in a pack again. Uncle AL

I hope that allot of drivers are considering Formula Fest. My DB1 is still a pile of parts. My engine is apart and waiting on a crank. I still have allot of bodywork to do and full alignment. I have allot of late nights ahead to make Formula Fest. The event was a blast last year. Everyone had a great time the racing was safe but no one would give you an inch. So before everyone bags there tires and stores there cars come out to Formula Fest.

Just registered.

Let's get registered guys and gals.

I'm entered.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 73

In!!
    JD
    Zink Z10

With 9 registered in the Group 1B race and only 4 for the bonus race, is it safe to say others are also having trouble navigating dlb's site?

I entered the bonus race and got a confirming e-mail but it doesn't show as an entry with dlb.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

You have to be able to solve mysteries wrapped in riddles.....

Actually you need to enter twice, once for the MARRS race, and then pick CF (or FF), when you enter the second time select the Bonus race ($85) and then select CF Bonus (FF Bonus) as your class.

Kevin and Sam have entered the MARRS race twice.
    If you call the club office Heidi will get you straightened out. That number is in the Supps.

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harmison View Post
    With 9 registered in the Group 1B race and only 4 for the bonus race, is it safe to say others are also having trouble navigating dlb's site?
    JD
    Zink Z10

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Thanks, J.D. It kinda made sense after your comment.

I'm registered.

Phil

Finally got it. I'm in for both.

OK, got it. Thanks. I also am in for both now.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

I am registered also!

Liked: 0

Hi, all - please have a close look at the schedule in our supps. The whole weekend we will be running two formula car groups:

1a = FA, FB, FC, FE, FS, FST,P1, P2
    1b = CF, FF, FV, F5

So, Saturday morning, 1a goes out for 12 minute qualifying. Then 1b goes out for 12 minute qualifying.

Saturday afternoon, group 1a gets a 10 lap MARRS points race, then 1b gets a 10 lap MARRS points race.

Sunday morning, 16 lap MARRS points race for 1a, then 16 lap MARRS points race for 1b.

Sunday immediately following lunch, 16 lap bonus race for 1a, followed by 16 lap bonus race for 1b.

Sorry if that seems like I'm trying to hammer in the point, but there's been confusion already and I want to make it very clear. At no time during the weekend are we planning on running a single formula car group.

If you have further questions please contact our event Race Chair, Wayne Armbrust. His contact info is in the supps. Normally I'd offer to take any questions but I will soon be in a remote part of Canada and with any luck not checking the internet for 10 days.

Hope to see you at Summit!
    Elizabeth Miller
    fast cars, slow food
    WDCR Assistant Race Chair/Competition

Liked: 30

I will be there as well!

Chris Horan
    FF

We have 5 Crossles registered so far, I think we need to get together for a photo op.

Quote Originally Posted by ascamaro View Post
    We have 5 Crossles registered so far, I think we need to get together for a photo op.
    Agreed. I'm in.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

There are 14 cars signed up so far. It would be nice to see that number around 25 FF/CF. Not to mention winged cars and sports racers for there own bonus races.

I'm looking forward to this event. It will be my first time out this year as the driver. Max has taken a liking to the old ford and I let him drive it a few times before going off to school.
    I hope we get another 5-10 FF types signing up.
    JD
    Zink Z10

HI,

It is now just about two weeks before the MARRS Formula Fest & DUFFUS #3 race at Summit Point. We have 14 FF/CF entries and as JD has said, we are really hoping for another 5 to 10 cars. I am hoping that Steve Roux, Bill Valet, Will Velkoff and Gary Gecelter will be able to join us after we see how the NARRC Runoffs at Lime Rock go this weekend. Maybe we can get Alan Walker, Alan VanDeweghe and Jim MacNicol to come as well.

The DUFFI are planning a meeting for Saturday afternoon after the first race so we can talk about plans for possibly doing this again next year. We have some ideas that we want to run by you all to see if we can make a stronger effort for next season.

We really hope to see you there.

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 157

Default This weekend?

I sure hope the Narcoffs are next weekend, not this weekend as reported by Joe. I don't have new A Arms built yet for the right front of the Wyvern. I have to weigh Duffus 3 and Pro1600, doubt I can make both and stay solvent.

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    I sure hope the Narcoffs are next weekend, not this weekend as reported by Joe. I don't have new A Arms built yet for the right front of the Wyvern. I have to weigh Duffus 3 and Pro1600, doubt I can make both and stay solvent.
    Narrc -offs are a week from tomorrow.

Open testing at Slime Rock on tuesday weather will be nice.....

Just to give some racers some motivation my DB1 is still in a few pieces. I am picking my crankshaft up for the final time tonight!!! I should have a running car in a few days. We need a few more FF's and CF's.

For drivers that are planning on Formula Fest please send me a pm with your email if you are not on the Wings & Things email list. I am working on a paddock map for everyone and will email you a copy. I will be at the track Thursday if anyone has questions. I will also be at the track Friday testing.

Derek Holmes
    WDC Wings & Things Drivers Rep

FYI I spoke to Rodney at Hoosier dealer Appalachian Race Tire this morning. They will be at Summit Point that weekend. Call them to reserve a set of tires if you will need some.

Liked: 127

Can anyone give me gearing for a Club Ford with a 9:31 CWP? (If you have it but for a 10:31 I can convert)

There is a slight chance I can make it and want to check to see if I have the right gears in my inventory.

Thanks
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Default Gear Set 9/31

At Summit Point I run 19/31, 22/30, 24/28, 25/26 with a 9/31 R&P. The decimal ratios are 1.632, 1.354, 1.167, 1.040.

Hope this helps and you can make it to the race, another Crossle would be great.

Al Cantrell
    Crossle 60F

It is now five days before the race weekend. We currently have 11 Club Fords and 6 Formula F's entered for DUFFUS #3/MARRS Formula Fest. The WDCR Region and Summit Point Raceway have decided to make the bonus race for our group be the feature race of the weekend which happens to be the 45 anniversary of the WDCR/Summit Point relationship.

The winner of this race will be presented with the WDCR Directors Cup and a special 45th anniversary trophy from Summit Point Raceway.

We are hoping that another 5 or 6 drivers who have inquired about the race will choose to come and race with us. Please do that. We will do everything we possibly can to provide you will a great weekend and you will have a really good time. We will be having a drivers meeting after the sprint race on Saturday to discuss the possibility of doing DUFFUS again in 2015. We will be providing the worlds best chicken wings from Big Daddy's BBQ. However, you will be required to sign a waiver prior to eating as DUFFUS is not responsible if you should develop some significant dependency or craving for these wings!

If you should have any questions please don't hesitate to call me at 540-686-0335.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

Those wings are awesome! Just dont bring them out to early during the day I need to still fit into my drivers suit.

Liked: 201

Looks like a great event. Wish I could be there to watch.

Liked: 201

Will there be live timing like there was for previous events?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information