Liked: 1

Default Kent 1600 oil pump identity

I have a Kent Crossflow 1600 with a side mount oil pump. The port routing and configuration are different than the current Pegasus Racing 167-01-side pump, but body shape is the same. I am restoring the car and am in the process of re-figuring engine oil line/filter/cooler layout. Should I "wing it" with the current pump and hope the previous layout is correct (system is carrying 80 psi plus) and just update hoses/mounts and correct pressure ? Or purchase a "known quantity" and follow a current/ supportable layout ??? The engine has no documentation, but block is painted gold, any ideas of builder ? Secondly, the pump is stamped with a large "P" on the face plate... Any ideas ??? Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1969MGCGT; 07.28.14 at 2:30 PM. Reason: add photo

Contributing Member
    Liked: 82

my guess is the P stands for Pace Pegasus has the one with integral filter surely someone here has a diagram for this one is your 80 psi hot or cold?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default 4 Port Pump

A lot of early pumps were 4 port - only difference was that the oil pressure in went into a fitting in the block above the pump. If it works well don't change it - its period correct. The logo could be anything but its probably not Pace as all of theirs from the early days had the word Pace on them and the style of P is wrong. I used to sell Titan pumps to engine builders and if they ordered 10+ we had a cover cast with their logo on them.
    I know Webster on the west coast made a 4 port pump as well as Titan and parts do not interchange.
    Phil
    PM me if you want a schematic.

Default You may be on to something...

When talking about this pump, I think a 4 port w/gauge port would be more correct. When explaining the layout to Pegasus, I let them know the "upper right" face port ( not seen in the photo) was a gauge port. The pump, as set-up, has two inputs left and two outputs right (one to the front of block, the other to filter/cooler/tank) with the gauge port independent of the other "work ports". The fellow at Pegasus did think it a period correct pump, and the "P" could be for Ed Pink racing engines since he was trying his hand at FF in the early 70's.

The psi is cold/cool at idle is 45 and over 3,500 rpm >80. Will dial back the pressure as get more info on the pump. Haven't run engine in to much, but very strong, no chatter and no smoke. Is a 711M6015BA block w/canted plugs in head.

Someone knew what they were doing when this thing was originally assembled...

Liked: 0

See if this helps,

http://www.paceproducts.co.uk/public...ump/fkfiveport

If you feel that talking to someone who knows the specifics then give this number a try:

011 44 1440760960

If I had a question and called them, they have always been very helpful.

Keith

Liked: 13

Default High pressure location

On your four (4) port oil pump I ask where does the high pressure line go into engine? The only Gold engines were originally Titan built and when they stopped providing engines Formula Haus picked up the Gold color.

Default Formula Haus

Is that A.J.'s shop at Summit Point ?

Thread Information