Liked: 42

Default Pittsburgh F2000 Weekend

Who's ready for a full weekend in the Steel City? Or a track just a little bit on the outskirts... first visit for F2000 (and F1600) coming up in less than a week. Who's ready?

Liked: 79

Crap-left Western PA/NE Ohio 1 week too early. Drove right by the track on the way home. I was pretty much 20-40 min away from the track all of last week driving back and forth across the Ohio/PA border. I should have planned a little better as I would have loved to spectate.

On that note it is a full spectator weekend, so if anyone here wants to get in, drop me an email or PM and we can get you on the FRP guest list.

Liked: 296

If anybody needs restaurant recommendations I can help. I only lived there for a solid two years...
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livengood View Post
    If anybody needs restaurant recommendations I can help. I only lived there for a solid two years...
    Where should one eat?

Where should one expect the Fatboys to eat?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default food

Come to the Cranberry exit 15 min away, got on route 228 you will find every kind
    of food you could want, from Olive Garden to 2 steak houses.
    same with hotels, there must be 25 of them also

It's true that Cranberry is not too far away and has many options for food and hotel. I imagine that's where most will be staying. It's a suburban cesspool though. There are a few good local joints, but not many.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 111

Default Pittsburgh F2000 Weekend

Beyond the Italian place at the exit?

Liked: 79

Ditto on Cranberry. I was sent by my employer to work for about a year at a satellite office many years ago. It has only grown since then.

If you are staying closer to New Castle, PA there is some chain places like Ruby Tuesday on Rt 224 just off route 60. Or if you venture to New Castle itself, check out the Crane Room with their craft beers. I was there about a month ago, the food and atmosphere was great. I did not get to sample any of the beer.

One of my personal favorites is D&G Pizza and is in nearby Beaverfalls. It's take out only and the pizza is pretty unique, in my experience anyways, in that you get pick your toppings as the pizza comes out of the oven. They just throw those toppings then on the steaming hot pie and hand it over. The pizza has a thick but airy crust. It's dirt cheap too. There's always a decent crowd in there, so I can't be the only one who likes it.

Liked: 1864

Congrats to Beasley for his win!

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4343

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    Congrats to Beasley for his win!
    Both days! Still some life left in the Van Diemen
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Thread Information