Liked: 27

Default Mutant Mk 2 - SOLD

This is a great car at an unbelievable price. Anyone that knows Chuck will tell you he's a very experienced fabricator and racer with ties that go back to the old Trans Am days. No half ass work on any part of the car and no expense spared. Especially you Midwest guys here's a true race ready car, buy it and meet us in St Louis the end of April for the FST Stars Series points race. No license yet, no problem, there is a school before the race weekend.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 07.19.14 at 10:57 PM.

Liked: 6

For Sale 2004 Predator FV/2013 Mutant FST SCCA Homologated Conversion
    Build with all new components except for frame and body. The car was finished and Homologated was completed on October 4, 2013. It has ran the MeDiv. Oktoberfest Double Regional and one test day at Motorsports Ranch Cresson Texas. It has 4 hours on a fresh motor that was off the Dyno at SR Racing. The reason I am selling it is just too tight on my shoulders and upper body. I am 5’ 10”, 230lbs with big shoulders. The car has fully adjustable pedals and could handle a six footer. The conversion was documented as a how to on Apex Speed. The weigh at impound at Gateway was 1131 lbs including my 230lbs. The car is totally prepped to go to a race. The list below should cover the new parts in the car
    Front and Rear brakes are new calipers, disc and pads
    New steering rack, tie rods-Joints, bearings, quick release and suede leather 10” Grant D shaped wheel
    Completely prepped from beam with ¾” sway bar, new ball joints, camber adjuster, SR Shock mounts with ARS Aluminum Shocks with dyno sheets.
    New ARS adjustable rear shock in zero roll

4 new Basset Lightweight spun steel wheels with Hoosiers with racing time listed above
    Fresh Bigger Hammer Racing Long Box
    New Fire System
    New ATL Fuel Cell 2013, 5 gallon
    AN Plumbing end to end
    Inline billet aluminum inspect able Fuel Filter
    Custom Bill Bonow Aluminum Dry Sump tank with New CB Dry Sump Pump
    Frame is powder coated

Body is in Satin Black, needs minor finishing to paint in your color. Has Kevlar side intrusion panels with steel tubing bars to protect ribs
    Current Belts and Harnesses, OMP Formula Car belts Hans Ready
    New AEM Battery
    All new electrical wiring performed by aircraft electrician
    All new grade 5 and 8 hardware throughout.
    Fresh FST motor that made 80 plus HP on SR Dyno, new Pertronix and Distributor, new Facet Fuel Pump, SR Oil Block with spin on filter and cooler, plug wires, and EMPI fuel pump and oil tower block off plates
    New set of Roseanne Stainless Steel Headers built specifically for a FST 1600cc not for a 1200 FV motor
    This is just a list of the major parts, everything is basically new.

There is over $8000 in parts not counting labor plus the price of the 2004 Predator Frame and Body.

I have purchased a new car only reason being is comfort for my size. I believe this is a great car and have my heart and soul in building. We are offering at a very reasonable price to help get FST going in the Midwest. We have six scheduled races this year in the STARS FST Championship with 3 at Gateway and 3 at Hallet. I will post photos, but we are limited on Apex Speed to the number. I have an album of the start to finish of building this car. If interested email me for more photos.
    I am asking $9500, and it is a steal at that for a homologated 2013 FST.

Here is the Paperwork and some more photos. You can see where my shoulders are crowwded

The Preator/Mutant is located OKC which is in center of USA .

Annual SCCA Annual was at October Fest at Gateway. Not one issue was found to be corrected by a National SCCA Tech Inspector. Good through October 2015.

Here are some more photos. I was having trouble uploading. At least one shows how tight I am due to shoulders. A friend sat in yesterday that is 5'11", 200lbs and he fit fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by csingletary01; 04.16.14 at 10:08 AM.

Default 1st races are soon

Car is ready to go. First race in FST Midwest Series is April 25th and 26th at Gateway in St Louis. This is part of the STARS race Championship.

Liked: 0

Wow this looks like a great deal. This is exactly the kind of car I would want if I had the extra $$ to get into racing. Been eyeing FV for years but can't get into the petty politics of it.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

Quote Originally Posted by maytime View Post
    Wow this looks like a great deal. This is exactly the kind of car I would want if I had the extra $$ to get into racing. Been eyeing FV for years but can't get into the petty politics of it.
    The petty politics seems to be mostly confined to the forum. I've never witnessed it at the track. Don't let that stop you. John

Liked: 29

How tall is the driver in the car? Surprised he got on track since his helmet clears the roll bar.
    Reinventing the world, one wheel at a time.

Default Height of Driver

I am 5'10". Due to shoulder clearance I had to have pad under me that raised me in car. A friend who is much thinner in shoulder that is 5'10" who sat in and he was more than 3" below roll bar.

Default Will deliver up to 400 miles

I will transport up to 400 miles at price advertised

Liked: 151

Default features

This car has disk brakes

On all four wheels!! Wow

Liked: 27

Default LOL Robert

Funny Robert and there wasn't even a world is coming to the end comment anywhere on the posting yet!!!!!!

Liked: 302

I really think the first cars should have Fred Flintstone brakes...

It's a nice looking car and hard to beat the price with all the new parts.
    Last edited by BLS; 05.17.14 at 1:06 AM.

Liked: 190

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post
    This car has disk brakes on all four wheels!! Wow
    Don't try to sell it to Peter Cheney in Mass, I doubt he'd be interested.

This really is a nice package for the price, ready to go and top shelf parts installed (killer dry sump tank too!).
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Fence Sitters

I would really like to see this car racing, plus my wife would probably be much happier with me if there were not two FST's and a Vintage FV sitting in the garage. If any of you are sitting on the fence about trying FST, I will lower price to $8500 which is less then the new parts in the car.

Liked: 11

How about 6'3"?

Default Mutant sold

Bill Gray purchased to add to his business. It will be available to rent. I may be bias, but it is a great car. Went to a good home

Thread Information