Liked: 91

Default F5 at the Runoffs

I noticed there are only 5 of you guys entered for the Runoffs. Are any more planning to come? We get more than that at the CENDIV Majors.

Liked: 896

Brian and I will be there. We are still trying to arrange transport.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 72

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I noticed there are only 5 of you guys entered for the Runoffs. Are any more planning to come? We get more than that at the CENDIV Majors.
    Whos the 5th? Motorsportsreg keeps saying 4 people. Im very surprised that only 4 drivers are entered. Who else is going? Im pretty sure its going to be all two strokes unless Rob is able to qualify.

Liked: 224

Looks like I may be qualified after all, since I'm currently tied for 10th in Eastern Conference Majors points and none of the people behind me are going to Summit Point this weekend.

So, tentatively I will be at Laguna Seca.

Liked: 293

Logistics & my arm situation will prevent my attendance.

Hey F500 racers, we need to get another 5 racers in F500 at the Runoffs at Laguna Seca so that we can actually have a race. 10 is the minimum entries for a race for the National Championship.

We are racing with one of our older NovaKars with a Rotax motor. Get in on the fun at one of the greatest race tracks in the country.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 18

How many racers from the West Coast normally entered the last few Runoffs in the mid-west or when they were held at Road Atlanta? That will probably be the number entered from the East Coast and Southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by captaineddie1975 View Post
    How many racers from the West Coast normally entered the last few Runoffs in the mid-west or when they were held at Road Atlanta? That will probably be the number entered from the East Coast and Southeast.
    There is and has been, for about 10 years, only one major competitor form the west coast and that is Jeff Jorgenson. Jeff has supported the Runoffs EVERY YEAR for as long as I can remember. Now it is our turn to support Jeff.

Come on guys, Laguna Seca has to be on everyones bucket list. Make it happen or there will not be an F500 championship in 2014.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Looks like I may be qualified after all, since I'm currently tied for 10th in Eastern Conference Majors points and none of the people behind me are going to Summit Point this weekend.

So, tentatively I will be at Laguna Seca.
    Excellent Cory.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

There has been some discussion as to how many racers a class must have to have a National Championship. The answer is a minimum of 10 entrants are required to have a National Champioship. See below.

I called the Club today and she read the section in the GCR. Here it s from page 32 (maybe 37) of the August version of the 2014 GCR.

D. Invited Runoffs Classes

All Runoffs eligible classes are invited to the Runoffs

1. A class with a minimum of 10 qualified drivers who have participated in at least one on track session at the current year's Runoffs will name a National Champion.

2. A class with fewer than 10 qualified drivers entered who have participated in at least one on track session at the current years Runoffs May race as a supplemental class, but will not name a National Champion.

3. Classes will be combined as needed to limit the number of race groups to 24 with a preference for combining no more than 2 classes for any race.

It is pretty clearly written and I doubt that we have any recourse. I think we are up to 6 entrants so we need 4 more hard core F500 racers.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

We are now up to 7 entries. We need 3 more guys. You will never have a Runoffs at Laguna Seca again. (IMO). Here is the list.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....520B096E2794E6

Come on out and play.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Are we going to be the ONLY class that does not get a National Championship?

We need 3 more entrants to make 10.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 18

I am under the impression that Mike Brent will be entering. What about Clint Mc Mahan? It can't be much further for "Q" and Brent to go to CA than it is for the Georgia gang. What about those F6 boys?

Liked: 224

Quote Originally Posted by captaineddie1975 View Post
    I am under the impression that Mike Brent will be entering. What about Clint Mc Mahan? It can't be much further for "Q" and Brent to go to CA than it is for the Georgia gang. What about those F6 boys?
    According to Q, none of the Northeast guys are going, including Brent.

I wish I could think of anyone else that might go, but I'm coming up blank. Too bad Dave and Tim from KS are not going. Joe Palmer wanted to go, but he's been out due to an injury, and would need a waiver from HQ since he did not qualify.

Great news for F500. We have made the required entries that will allow F500 to have National Championship race in 2014. This is super important to the F500 class so THANKS to every single racer who has made the commitment to go to Laguna.

See the list here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....520B096E2794E6
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 30

Jay,
    you guys running the 2 stroke or a 600?

Thanks

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by allof6 View Post
    Jay,

Thanks

Per Jay in a post above:
    "We are racing with one of our older NovaKars with a Rotax motor."

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by allof6 View Post
    Jay,

Thanks
    Jim is correct, we are running a Rotax. Due to building and developing the new Nova-Blade for customers this season we have not had time to assemble our own car. So we are borrowing one of our older NovaKars for the race.

Luckily due to the generosity of our good friends the Edwards Brothers, Fred and Tom, we were able to race their 600 cars to qualify for the Runoffs. We managed to get the NovaKar together for the Grattan Major weekend and the car was very good. We are now finishing the rebuild for the Runoffs.

A really special thanks to the Edwards F600 team for making this happen.
    Last edited by Jnovak; 08.30.14 at 3:48 PM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 30

Good luck!

Thread Information