Thread: Cat Narional

Liked: 896

Default Cat Double Major

Hi guys, just a heads up on the F500 race at Road America last weekend. There were lots of F500 cars in attendance and former National Champ Mike Mueller wast also there so we could get a good idea of the parity between the 2 strokes and the 4 strokes.

It was a great weekend for the MC powered cars. Brian Novak in Tom Edwards 600cc MC powered Maverick won on Saturday and Cal Stewarts NovaBlade 600 won on Sunday.

Mike Mueller had a tough weekend in that he never finished a race lap and was out on lap one of both races. He was not slow though and was on the pole for Saturdays and Sundays race. We wish that he had no problems so that we could race against the champ as he is a rocket.

Here are the race results from Saturday. Brian had to start from pit lane as we were thrashing on the car and missed the grid. They finally let him go after the field got through turn one.
    https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Session/5075189.
    Brian's fast lap was a 2:24.3

Here are the results of the Sunday feature race. Cal started from the back of the field as he did not qualify on Saturday. Brian led every lap except the last lap as he started to run low on fuel with 4 laps to go. Cal passed him on the last lap. Great racing and both cars beat a really good FF. Field of cars too.
    https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Session/5077253
    Cal's fast lap was a 2:22.6
    Brian's fast lap was a 2:23.2

Cal beat Brian by .3 seconds in a great race with very consistent MC power throughout the entire weekend. Again, the biggest advantage of the 4 stroke MC engine package is that they are very consistent ALL the time.

Please note that the fastest RACE lap of the weekend was turned by Cal Stewart at a 2:22.6 which is 1.7 seconds slower than Mike Mueller's lap record of 2:20.88
    Last edited by Jnovak; 07.28.14 at 1:28 PM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 6

Jay, that lap time from the morning warmup was a timing & scoring error. The one complete lap I did in the warmup was a 2:27 on my data.
    Michael Mueller
    2011 & 2012 SCCA Formula 500 National Champion

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mueller View Post
    Jay, that lap time from the morning warmup was a timing & scoring error. The one complete lap I did in the warmup was a 2:27 on my data.
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate the clarification. I will edit my post. I wish we could have raced though. Sorry to see you having problems.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Thread Information