Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 905

I googled his e mail address and got a whole raft of scam complaints.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    My experience with ApexSpeed classifieds has been 100% positive, though I did get a little nervous once about somebody with a low post count.

Thanks , Doug.
    I have a super low post count but I try to give as much info as possible and provide my contact info to anyone who needs to get in touch, it goes a long way to making someone feel comfortable and knowing they are not going to get ripped off.

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Default Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2stop View Post
    Received this PM today in response to my WTB ad from BREMMERS, I think it's another scammer using a different name. Same type of response, has a stock of parts.

FGM

Default WTB a set of ATS Wheels for a Lola FSV, 4 x 130mm bolt pattern, 13 x 6 Front, 13

bremmers

Liked 0 times in 0 posts

Hi, I will be able to source out these parts like I have done in the past if you let me know all that you are looking to purchase and a phone number to bremmersproperties@gmail.com

Regards,

John Bremmer
    USA
    I just received the exact same pm from this guy regarding my search for an engine.

Liked: 1417

Thanks, that user has been banned.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 130

" Wanted To Buy Compomotive 4 1/8? 18 hole rim NEEDED yup need just one. please give m
    Hi, I will be able to source out these parts like I have done in the past if you let me know all that you are looking to purchase and a phone number to bremmersproperties@gmail.com

Regards,

John Bremmer
    USA
    "

every forum has em.

Liked: 87

Default John Bremmers scams continue...

John has a Hewland MK9 listed on race-cars for 3k.... He will send pictures (of brand new unit) and when asked for more pictures...he does send, but the first picture had external slave and second one had annular internal. Never would send picture with a visible paper with my name. Beware, he is on Pelican,Lotus, Ferrari forums!

Liked: 7

Default John Bremmer the amazing fraud parts man!

Thanks Apex, Great site,

John Bremmer is trying to scam me at the moment, he has taken a photo of someone's project car from the Palliser register and offered me the bodywork, plus other parts and a MK 9 gearbox, prices are just below what they should be to get you hooked in.

Luckily I have copied many others project photos fot my reference so knew I had seen photo before.

If you read his English it's not quite the Queens English that I speak, but if you read it with a African accent it all makes sense.

Thanks, a quick search on here tonight for his name had verified he is a scammer.

Liked: 17

you will always get a scammer reply to you when you run a wanted advert!!

Liked: 37

Default Peter Pietz

Just got an email from this individual with the exact same wording as xmazdatracy's post above. This in regards to my WTB post for Panasport Centerlocks. Goofy wording and all.

Greg

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default possible

Does any one know of this guy? Carl Sigmann merlinoilllc@gmail.com He wanted pictures of the wheels that I am selling for his 89 VD and says he cannot log on to Apexspeed. I have gotten suspicious recently after I have sent pictures.

Last Email
    Unfortunately. I cannot log into apexspeed at this time, their login will not allow me

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Quote Originally Posted by GregSmith View Post
    Just got an email from this individual with the exact same wording as xmazdatracy's post above. This in regards to my WTB post for Panasport Centerlocks. Goofy wording and all.

Greg
    I got the same one for my wtb for Titan MK 3 rims. I'm messing with him

Liked: 26

Hi, I will be able to source out these parts like I have done in the
    past if you let me know all that you are looking to purchase and a
    phone number to peterpietr@gmail.com

Regards,

Peter Pietz
    USA
    Another one with the same wording, again in reply to my Staffs WTB thread.

Default Another?

Got another email this morning from a Mark Benson at a gmail address. Somewhat cryptic response to my WTB Panasport Centerlocks. Deleted.

Liked: 294

Quote Originally Posted by GregSmith View Post
    Got another email this morning from a Mark Benson at a gmail address. Somewhat cryptic response to my WTB Panasport Centerlocks. Deleted.
    Aw...c'mon, Greg...tell him you'll pay him cash-in-hand PLUS an extra $100 when he delivers them to a meeting spot that YOU will pick.
    See then what he replies...
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holland View Post
    Does any one know of this guy? Carl Sigmann merlinoilllc@gmail.com He wanted pictures of the wheels that I am selling for his 89 VD and says he cannot log on to Apexspeed. I have gotten suspicious recently after I have sent pictures.

Last Email
    Unfortunately. I cannot log into apexspeed at this time, their login will not allow me

As far as I can tell, this is a legit user with less than serviceable internets skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamez View Post
    Another one with the same wording, again in reply to my Staffs WTB thread.

This guy slipped through my defense system. IP points back to Nigeria.

Sorry about that one, it happens.

That address and IP has been banned, so you shouldn't see too much of him again.

Who knew there were so many parts suppliers in Nigeria.....

Liked: 1

Default scam

I have a wanted exhaust for Swift posted receive a reply form Mark Benson and a reply from Cambell Nixon both may be scam guys not sure any one know them Thank you Rock

Liked: 7

Default Peter Pietz

This guy Is over at another board claiming to have whatever part you are needing. He will provide old photos. Most likely from other boards. Almost every camera and cell phone has a date and time stamp option. I will ask for a photo with the date and time stamp. I almost never get a photo back.

Liked: 924

Quote Originally Posted by Mondial View Post
    This guy Is over at another board claiming to have whatever part you are needing. He will provide old photos. Most likely from other boards. Almost every camera and cell phone has a date and time stamp option. I will ask for a photo with the date and time stamp. I almost never get a photo back.
    Google the IP address: 41.190.3.120

Nigeria
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 107

I just got this. New member. Details in the title cut and past my wtb but no detail on the message.

Write me on allenskey34@gmail.com and I will get back to you on pricing and pictures. Let me know Asap.

Thanks,

Michael Allen
    USA
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Liked: 24

Ask if he can get a bucket or prop wash ......

Contributing Member
    Liked: 80

Or fifty feet of shoreline.

Liked: 126

Default Michael Allen

Got this also in my PM, so somehow he is a member, beware...

<<Write me on allenskey34@gmail.com and I will get back to you on pricing and pictures. Let me know Asap.

Thanks,
    Michael Allen
    USA >>
    TroyT - SFR SCCA, VARA, CSRG, SVRA
    www.ThingsThatGoVroom.net
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

Apparently, I need to go back to manually checking EVERY SINGLE IP that is registered again.

He has now been banned. Sorry for the miss.

27. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 896

I got 2 messages from him. Bull**** stuff for sure. Me has exactly what I need no matter what.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 501

"Michael Allen" just send me an email with a picture of a Dulon full of parts that I would like to buy. Problem is, it is a picture of my car from an add a couple of owners ago. WTF? I am emailing him back and forth trying to get the address of where I can see the car, to meet him with cash.

Liked: 341

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Problem is, it is a picture of my car from an add a couple of owners ago. WTF? I am emailing him back and forth trying to get the address of where I can see the car, to meet him with cash.
    I hope you are getting a really good deal on the parts you already own. It should be a bargain. If not, I would walk away.

Eric Little

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

+1 (408) 827-1204. Either Paul or Tonya. Wanted me to Zelle money for crossle bodywork i was
    previously looking for on apex. Tonya 2 days ago and Paul phishing today. Identical mistakes
    texting would indicate the same person, proficient in English but not their first language

Zelle seems to be a path for scams. Be very cautious using anything other than PayPal or Venmo.

33. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by dc View Post
    Zelle seems to be a path for scams. Be very cautious using anything other than PayPal or Venmo.
    Good point. Paypal owns Venmo. Venmo has had their share of scams though. Some have waited for over a year to resolve issues because of the automated customer service and lack of any human accountability.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 1100

There's no good substitute for green paper money.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

36. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 11

Default The thief is the real problem

For whatever it's worth, for quite a while, I've used Zelle once a month to make some recurring payments and have never had any issues.

And I've also used it a few times for one-off payments to buy car stuff from strangers, also with no problems.

I just like that all it takes to set up a payment account is someone's phone number. Which is so much easier than setting up a wire transfer account at a bank. And the money is transferred immediately, unlike bank transfers.

I hate getting cash out of the bank. 25 years at the same branch and they always look at me funny when I take out a bunch of cash. And they always make a big deal that I will have to fill out an IRS form if it's over $10K – but why would I care about a form if I'm not doing anything wrong? Does my banker assume I cheat on my taxes? That I'm heading up an off-shore criminal enterprise? Both? BTW, I recently learned that the bank also has to fill out a form, so I think that's the real reason they try to talk you out of it!

And BofA changed over their own "easy-cash" system for Zelle. Maybe they bought Zelle or something. But I like it – if a problem did come up, I'd rather deal with BofA than a Silicon Valley App company. (****, I just realized that since I have BofA stock, maybe I own Zelle, too! Just a coincidence, I promise...)

Remember folks, Zelle doesn't shoot people, people shoot people...

Speaking of money –new price for my Caldwell: $15K! Payment just has to be done through my uncle at his bank in Albania, but it's totally ok...

38. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by EffOne View Post
    For whatever it's worth, for quite a while, I've used Zelle once a month to make some recurring payments and have never had any issues.

And I've also used it a few times for one-off payments to buy car stuff from strangers, also with no problems.

I just like that all it takes to set up a payment account is someone's phone number. Which is so much easier than setting up a wire transfer account at a bank. And the money is transferred immediately, unlike bank transfers.

I hate getting cash out of the bank. 25 years at the same branch and they always look at me funny when I take out a bunch of cash. And they always make a big deal that I will have to fill out an IRS form if it's over $10K – but why would I care about a form if I'm not doing anything wrong? Does my banker assume I cheat on my taxes? That I'm heading up an off-shore criminal enterprise? Both? BTW, I recently learned that the bank also has to fill out a form, so I think that's the real reason they try to talk you out of it!

And BofA changed over their own "easy-cash" system for Zelle. Maybe they bought Zelle or something. But I like it – if a problem did come up, I'd rather deal with BofA than a Silicon Valley App company. (****, I just realized that since I have BofA stock, maybe I own Zelle, too! Just a coincidence, I promise...)

Remember folks, Zelle doesn't shoot people, people shoot people...

Speaking of money –new price for my Caldwell: $15K! Payment just has to be done through my uncle at his bank in Albania, but it's totally ok...
    Agree the scammers are the problem, but Zelle makes it easier to run the scam. In addition, if you make a simple error on the phone #, Zelle will not reverse the error without a lot of grief involved.

https://www.elliott.org/problem-solv...oney-transfer/

Liked: 158

Just got a PM from a brand new account named jsuther asking me to email his friend Max (maxpad118@gmail.com) in response to an old WTB ad of mine.

Undoubtedly a scam.
    Van Diemen RF99 FC

Administrator
    Liked: 25

Default scammer

Quote Originally Posted by rockbeau25 View Post
    Just got a PM from a brand new account named jsuther asking me to email his friend Max (maxpad118@gmail.com) in response to an old WTB ad of mine.

Undoubtedly a scam.
    Definitely up to no good. Anyone that has received a message from jsuther should disregard/delete it.

He will not be sending any further messages.

Thanks,
    KR

42. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 307

Default Another one...

Another scam via fellow ApexSpeed member (who is out of pocket at the moment):

Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 1100

<<< insert rage and disgust for some humans here >>>
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information