Liked: 8

Default WTB - FF For Tall Driver

I'm looking for a formula ford that I can run autocross events with. I'm 6'3" tall. I don't know which cars would be best to be looking for, so any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. Budget is $7,500 to $10,000 depending on the car and condition.

Thanks in advance.

Liked: 924

Quote Originally Posted by stevekh44 View Post
    I'm looking for a formula ford that I can run autocross events with. I'm 6'3" tall. I don't know which cars would be best to be looking for, so any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. Budget is $7,500 to $10,000 depending on the car and condition.

Thanks in advance.

Look for a Zink Z-10 in the FF or vintage classifieds sections. I just sold mine to someone 6'3".
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 8

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Great looking car. Sorry I didn't see it sooner.

Thanks,
    Steve

Liked: 98

Steve,

I'd sell you my Z10, but 1. you're 2,700 miles away, and 2. it hasn't been driven in 15 years, so it needs a lot of work.

On the upside, the rollbar was replaced with a taller one (I'm 6'-1"), so it would probably fit you. Z10's are also very roomy inside (width) by comparison to other FF's, even of the era (mid 70's).

If interested, call me at 925 334 1383

Greg Holmberg

Default Check with these sellers

Quote Originally Posted by stevekh44 View Post
    Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Great looking car. Sorry I didn't see it sooner.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve,

There are more out there. Dave Weitzenhof once described the Z-16 as one of the best handling cars he has driven. They should fit you, the later Citations as well. Mr Lathrop and Mr. Pare built them for American drivers.

Some older Z-10 ads - never hurts to check.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...highlight=Zink

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...highlight=Zink
    Last edited by DanW; 08.09.16 at 10:54 PM.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by holmberg View Post
    Steve,

I'd sell you my Z10, but 1. you're 2,700 miles away, and 2. it hasn't been driven in 15 years, so it needs a lot of work.

On the upside, the rollbar was replaced with a taller one (I'm 6'-1"), so it would probably fit you. Z10's are also very roomy inside (width) by comparison to other FF's, even of the era (mid 70's).

If interested, call me at 925 334 1383

Greg Holmberg
    Greg,
    Dust it off and come racing vintage with us in CSRG or SVRA. Club Ford racing with SCCA is attracting new drivers as well.

Regards,
    Dan Wise

Thread Information