Liked: 0

Default Lightweight Open Aluminum Trailer for SR3?

Can any recommend a reasonably priced lightweight open aluminum trailer that could tow a SR3? I'm not looking to tow all around the country just locally within 200-500 miles or less.

I'm hoping to not buy a big truck/full size SUV so that's why I prefer something that's around 1,000-1500 pounds so I can tow the trailer and car with a medium size SUV (BMW X5 etc).

Are there certain brands/models that are favorites? What's the minimum length/width for a trailer to safely tow a SR3? I don't need to haul a bunch of extra gear maybe just a tire rack for an extra set of wheels/tires

Thanks!

Liked: 183

I have a aluma trailer fro my formla ford. Looks like they have one that would fit your needs.
    http://www.alumaklm.com/atv-trailers...v-trailer.html

The trailer tows great, you can't even feel its there.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw52 View Post
    I have a aluma trailer fro my formla ford. Looks like they have one that would fit your needs.
    http://www.alumaklm.com/atv-trailers...v-trailer.html

The trailer tows great, you can't even feel its there.
    Thanks, what size would you recommend? What do you tow with?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Had a Texas rollback trailer a few years ago best way to go with open trailer,IMHO.
    One on Ebay might be long for your needs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Rollba...otors_Trailers

Default Featherlite Hard to Beat

Just towed a Mazda RX-3 GT car from Atlanta to LA on a 20 foot Featherlite with a Mazda CX-9 as the tow vehicle. Expensive but towed like a dream at 65 to 70mph all the way. No swaying in high winds, when passing semi's or on grooved roads.

Thread Information