Liked: 0

Default Formula 500 For Sale

Sold!

2001 Red Devil Formula 500 For Sale.

This would be a great conversion car for Formula 600 as well.

This is a fast road racing car that is competitive in both regional and national race events, depending on the driver, of course. Car has won several Oregon Region SCCA regional and national races and two regional championships.

Has a new 494 non-rave motor with only two hours of track time on it. Very strong motor, not over bored. Polaris primary from Quadrini could use freshening up but has the Thundershift weights which made a huge difference in performance. Arctic Cat secondary is fresh (only two track days on it) also from Q. Other features include:

Aero Suspension Arms on front with stock Arms as spares
    AIM Mychron 3 Data Logger
    Good Fuel Cells, always dry stored in winter
    Two sets of wheels with old slicks mounted
    One set mounted Rains in good condition (plenty of life left)
    New paint, metallic orange
    Fiberglass body in good condition throughout
    Pit tires for easy loading/unloading
    Newer Aean Pipe
    Twin radiators with air intakes

Lots of miscellaneous spares including two motors - one with fresh top end but never quite ran right so I think the crank might be damaged and one that detonated and is good for miscellaneous parts or as a cut-away motor so to speak (how I used it to get good at working on these motors).

I posted a lot of photos of the car on flickr at this address:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/93392931@N05/

Price is $5,500 - a giveaway at this price. Car is race ready and fast enough to run at the pointy end of the field.

Car is located in Washington State in the Seattle area.

Please call 360-460-6718 or email smcdonald@soundpublishing.com

I don't log into this site to check PM's very often so phone or email is the best way to reach me.

Thanks for looking - Sean
    Last edited by sgmcdonald; 03.11.13 at 4:00 PM.

Last edited by sgmcdonald; 03.10.13 at 7:12 PM.

Liked: 2

Yeah, yeah. This looks like a great deal. I'm still trying to work on the phrasing to my wife...

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 18

I can guarantee that this is a fast car as I raced against it in NH in 2009. How you phrase it to your wife ...some suggestions:
    Well dear you know that summer home we were going to buy this is much less expensive...
    or
    You know I love you and that I love to race particularly if you are there to see me win....
    or
    I'm buying this thing whether you like it or not (only to be used if your marriage is already on the rocks)

In any case this is a great deal and there are now 5-6 F500s to race with in the NY New England area so you will have someone to race with either at Lime Rock or New Hampshire or Thompson(in 2014)

Default F500 For Sale - Sold

Car is sold and on its way to a new owner in New York.

Thread Information