Liked: 127

Default 50th Annual NARRC Runoffs

Registration opened this morning for the 50th Annual NARRC Runoffs at Lime Rock on September 26th and 27th.

This is the last NARRC race of the season and Round 8 of the NEDCS Champsionship.

Looks like the groupings will be good as FF, CF, F5, and FV are in Group 6, and all Winged cars and sports racers are in Group 3.

Who will be there?
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Count me in

I have only missed 2 or 3 since 1990 so you count on me being there.

Ed

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Maybe.......

Liked: 157

Default I am in

Rand and I have so far committed. lets make it a good turnout. The Glen Fun One is also shaping up well. Time to get those F's out on the track!

Liked: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Will Velkoff View Post
    Registration opened this morning for the 50th Annual NARRC Runoffs at Lime Rock on September 26th and 27th.?
    A little creative accounting there I'd say. 50th annual would mean the first one was in 1964. In those days it was simply called The Area One Championship and the final race at Lime Rock was not The Runoffs but The Final Fall Fender Bender. NARRC probably came along in the early '70s.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Greg,
    I just downloaded the NARRC Runoffs supps and Will was simply saying what NYR calls it.
    I quote, "NYR Invites you to the 50th annual race meeting for the 2014 NARRC Championships".
    So any creativity was from NYR !

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Greg,
    I just downloaded the NARRC Runoffs supps and Will was simply saying what NYR calls it.
    I quote, "NYR Invites you to the 50th annual race meeting for the 2014 NARRC Championships".
    So any creativity was from NYR !
    Mr Rand are you going to be there?

Liked: 280

Default 50 Annual NARRC Runoffs

Hi,

I believe that the very first time that New York Region chose to title this particular event as the "NARRC Runoffs" was in 1979. I believe that was the first season when the winner of the "Runoff" race was declared the NARRC Champion (provided the driver had met the minimum participation requirements). The championship continued on for a few years like that until the race eventually became a double points race instead of the final decider event.

Prior to that this was a very important & well attended (by racers and spectators alike) regional race that for several years included the Car & Driver Showroom Stock Challenge event. The existence of the C&D SS Challenge lent itself to the "Final Fall Fender Bender" title as those of us who were fortunate enough to see will attest. I believe it was always the final race of the North Atlantic Road Racing Championship.

I don't have any problem with the "creativity" as it seems to be no different than that used by several sanctioning bodies/race tracks to describe an event that continues to take place despite changes in points/championship formats or title sponsors. Great event at a great venue....................

Joe M.
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 09.03.14 at 8:50 AM. Reason: CRS recovery

Liked: 127

Absolutely perfect weather up at Lime Rock this weekend for the NARRC Runoffs.

Here is a video of the 20 lap main race on Saturday afternoon.

Super fun and clean racing with Jim H!

Enjoy the video. Oh, and I finally got my motor problems sorted out. Car was pulling better than it ever has and set my personal best lap time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-s5...ature=youtu.be
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 31

Thanks Will, great video. Looks like a great run for you. Personal bests are always welcomed after finding nagging performance problems. I had a great weekend but came up a little short with a poor setup for old tires.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Good racing

Good weather and good racing. Not a huge FF field but with everyone running close to the same lap times it made for good racing start to finish.

Ed

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 18

Will
    Thank you for the great video. Out of the cockpit since the end of 2012 I enjoy these driver-eye views of the race. I actually could pick myself out standing on the mound at Pit Out as I work that position for both open wheel race groups at LRP Thompson and NHMS.

Guys,
    Did anyone get a copy of final results for the Saturday afternoon 20 lap "Feature" Group 6 race ?
    With a dead golf cart and having forsaken the tree paddocking for B Paddock and the damn knee I never got down there it get one, if you have one could you scan and email to michaelrand37@gmail.com or fax to 860-364-9362, please.....
    I assume NYR T&S will in time get results up either on their website or Motorsport Reg but you know what assume means.....

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1839
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Agnif,
    Thanks BUT I have absolutely no idea what that is...
    Dave Lapham won F5 and OA, Bjerke won FF, Devoe 2nd and me 3rd, Katie Lapham was 2nd F5 and Beckley 3rd F5.
    In impound a region guy say something about T&S having some sort of issue but then called out the top 3 in each class for photo ops in front of a NARRC banner for the medal ceremony.
    But everyone enjoys good fiction....
    Eddie Callo has a sheet and he is gonna scan and email.
    Again, thanks Agnif.....

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1839

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Agnif,
    Thanks BUT I have absolutely no idea what that is...

Why does that not surprise me?

It's a link to all the session and race results from racemonitor. Not official SCCA stuff but close. You can review all your sessions by going to the top of the page on the link I gave you and clicking on "results"

BTW: Happy belated Birthday !
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Hey, I ain't THAT computer illiterate.
    I did respond to whatever that sheet showed, it isn't any session or race result from last weekend !

Liked: 229

It changed from earlier.
    Also it shows no first place finisher.

Liked: 157

Default a mess

and they have Dave Lapham in the 56 and the 47 in the same race. They also have no history of jim MacNichol who was in the 47.

I am impressed by the tightenss of the laptimes for the top guys. A few tenths covering many cars.

For whatever reason it seems it is a partial field sorted by fastest lap times....very odd indeed.

Liked: 23

Jim MacNichol did not start the race. Only did a lap or two in Saturday's AM session.
    Van Diemen RF 79 #? Van Deimen RF 78 #231

It's not how fast you go.
    It's how well you go fast.

Thread Information