Liked: 0

Default Nationals winning F500 up for sale!

CAR IS SOLD. GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW OWNERS.

Entertaining offers. Possible trades (spec miata or similar)

Bought this amazing car earlier this year, made a few minor improvements and bought a new set of Hoosiers (sticker set, mounted, never run!!) which will be included with the sale

I'll take some better photos, and upload way more information soon (and as requested), but this is what I have up right now:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../REDDEVILF500/

from the previous owner:
    "If you're looking for the best of the best in FM vehicles... this is *the* car to have. What started life as a reasonably good 1997 Red Devil has been completely transformed by the Colegrove brothers into arguably the best F Modified autocross car in the country.

After they not only won, but dominated the 2011 and 2012 national championships I bought this car from them and used it for a year of national-level competition. Even though I've been driving FM vehicles for 5 years previously, and was coming from a reasonably well setup KBS F500... I easily took off 2 seconds on a 60 second run by switching to this car.

Autocross vehicles of this caliber rarely come up for sale - and there's no other car (other than *anything* with a Darren Seltzer installed) that has dominated this class so wholeheartedly that exists... so if you're looking for the best vehicle... there really is no other option but to buy this car.

And not only are you going to get the Colegrove's car in largely the same condition they last ran it in (other than some carefully engineered hubs to reduce rotating mass by about 50%) - but you're going to get a pretty exhaustive spares and tools package to go with it. The Colegroves gave me pretty much all of their spares/tools when I bought the car - plus I had a bunch of my own from 5 years of running F500. I'm now switching classes so you're going to get a combination package of the two "retirement sales" - so this is as complete a "turn key" package as you'll ever find.

For that matter... I'm even offering up my customized 16x7 enclosed trailer to go with the whole thing (added cost). This trailer is a perfect combination of big enough for the car to fit (it's rather long with the massive rear diffuser) - as well as leaving plenty of room for all the tools and spares. With a lowered roofline I was even able to get 17mpg towing at 75mph with it. I've also customized the loading system (drop axle trailer + dove tail rear end + ramp door + 4' "flap" extension) so that you can actually drive this car in there on race tires at race tire pressures with all the aero bits installed."

Asking price is $10,500 (car + spares) or $15,000 (car + spares + trailer)

Get in touch with me quickly at my email: ben.hughlett at gmail

-Ben
    Last edited by MrVaper; 11.17.15 at 5:56 PM. Reason: sold

Default Web site up

More info here: http://f500forsale.com/

Already?

Afraid so, haven't had the time this year
    Needs good home, would like to see her go to nationals many more times

Still available! Any questions please let me know..

-Ben
    ben.hughlett at gmail

For Sale Racingjunk post

--
    Last edited by MrVaper; 04.24.15 at 2:50 PM.

For Sale

--
    Last edited by MrVaper; 04.24.15 at 2:50 PM.

For Sale

Entertaining offers.

Had out last weekend and it was awesome per usual. Just making room for different toys. Hopefully someone with the time gets this thing and wins nationals again!

Here's an updated link:

http://www.racingjunk.com/Formula/18...0-formula.html

-Ben

Liked: 896

This truly is a great solo car.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

For Sale Back up for sale by the buyers in 2015

Largely the exact same package as when bought. Currently not running but does come with an extra engine now. Raced a few times at High Plains raceway but my chief mechanic passed away and we never could get it really running properly after that. Held out hope that we would get her going again but she deserves a new owner.

Comes with the trailer and all the parts and extras.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...jw&usp=sharing

Looking for $13,500 including the trailer.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrVaper View Post
    CAR IS SOLD. GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW OWNERS.

Entertaining offers. Possible trades (spec miata or similar)

Bought this amazing car earlier this year, made a few minor improvements and bought a new set of Hoosiers (sticker set, mounted, never run!!) which will be included with the sale

I'll take some better photos, and upload way more information soon (and as requested), but this is what I have up right now:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../REDDEVILF500/

from the previous owner:
    "If you're looking for the best of the best in FM vehicles... this is *the* car to have. What started life as a reasonably good 1997 Red Devil has been completely transformed by the Colegrove brothers into arguably the best F Modified autocross car in the country.

After they not only won, but dominated the 2011 and 2012 national championships I bought this car from them and used it for a year of national-level competition. Even though I've been driving FM vehicles for 5 years previously, and was coming from a reasonably well setup KBS F500... I easily took off 2 seconds on a 60 second run by switching to this car.

Autocross vehicles of this caliber rarely come up for sale - and there's no other car (other than *anything* with a Darren Seltzer installed) that has dominated this class so wholeheartedly that exists... so if you're looking for the best vehicle... there really is no other option but to buy this car.

And not only are you going to get the Colegrove's car in largely the same condition they last ran it in (other than some carefully engineered hubs to reduce rotating mass by about 50%) - but you're going to get a pretty exhaustive spares and tools package to go with it. The Colegroves gave me pretty much all of their spares/tools when I bought the car - plus I had a bunch of my own from 5 years of running F500. I'm now switching classes so you're going to get a combination package of the two "retirement sales" - so this is as complete a "turn key" package as you'll ever find.

For that matter... I'm even offering up my customized 16x7 enclosed trailer to go with the whole thing (added cost). This trailer is a perfect combination of big enough for the car to fit (it's rather long with the massive rear diffuser) - as well as leaving plenty of room for all the tools and spares. With a lowered roofline I was even able to get 17mpg towing at 75mph with it. I've also customized the loading system (drop axle trailer + dove tail rear end + ramp door + 4' "flap" extension) so that you can actually drive this car in there on race tires at race tire pressures with all the aero bits installed."

Asking price is $10,500 (car + spares) or $15,000 (car + spares + trailer)

Get in touch with me quickly at my email: ben.hughlett at gmail

-Ben

Thread Information