Liked: 47

Default Last Chance and Challenge Cup Award Ceremony

The 2014 F-Vee Challenge Cup Series season winds up this upcoming Oct 4th at Watkins Glen International at the “Last Chance” event. Saturday’s race will count towards the 2014 season points total, with Sundays’ Vee only group!) competition going towards each competitors’ 2015 season points. For this event the first three Challenge Cup competitors for this race will be handed $50, $35 and $25 prize money respectively.

As part of the weekend’s schedule, The F-Vee Challenge Cup awards ceremony is to take place at Mura Bella’s Italian Steakhouse in Montour Falls (241 N. Genesee St. – just down the hill into Montour Falls from the Rt. 414 intersection light). Festivities will begin around 5:30 to 6:00 PM. The Series will provide appetizers and attendees can purchase dinners from a choice of 4-5 meals the restaurant will offer our group. During the ceremony the top five points finishers will be awarded their respective F-Vee Challenge Cup Series trophies.Also, several supporters of the series are offering gift certificates to be given away; Kearney Driver Development (www.kearneykdd.com) has donated two (2) one-half off certificates for professional driver coaching. These KDD certificates will entitle the holder to either one day of coaching at $250 or a weekend of coaching for $500. This will be a random drawing and is open to any Challenge Cup driver that competed in the 2014 season, but to win they must be in attendance. These are valuable prizes and Jim Kearney’s coaching record speaks for itself – quite a nice prize for the two lucky recipients! And the last six (6) $25 gift certificates from Quixote Racing(www.quixoteracing.com) will be chosen, also by a random drawing, with many thanks to Dietmar Bauerle for his generous support of the Challenge Cup Series.

But let’s not forget the racing! Besides the Saturday Regional race, the Glen Region has scheduled an F-Vee ONLY race group for Sunday! This is scheduled to start at 9:55 AM and will be a 25 minute race.

So there you have it. A Vee only race group at WGI, prize giveaways and the Vee Challenge Cup awards ceremony – a great way to wind up your 2014 season. So get that car prepped one last time and come out and join in on this high speed celebration!

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4344

Can somebody please post a link to the entry info?
    Last edited by problemchild; 09.18.14 at 3:16 PM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 355

Do we have updated points yet? I may not be racing due to my consistency in losing engines, but I *may* still be in the running for a trophy overall. I might be swayed to try one last time this year.

MotorsportReg page:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...8#.VBs7wvldW50

Glen Region page for Supps:
    http://glen-scca.org/roadracing/schedule.asp
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Default Points

Points standings are below.

Photo of Sunday's podium:

Results from the weekend:

FV Challenge Cup Results from Fun One.pdf

Liked: 22

Greg,
    It might be a good idea to post this information again in the F1200 section as well. As the Last Chance does not clash with a F1200 weekend and would be a great way to finish the season. Incidentally I think Kevin Kapelke is in contention for second place.
    Guy.

Guy, I have posted the Last Chance info on the F-1200 site.

Greg, Go to the Glen Region web site for the supps and MotorsportsReg.com to enter.

Also, all should be aware that the Challenge Cup Guidelines state that to qualify for a Series trophy a driver must compete in at least three Series race weekends during the span of that years' competition. Therefore, most of the F-1200 drivers (Wang, Iamundi, Kapelke, Garwood, etc.) are not eligible for a Series trophy because they scored all their points at just one event and haven't competed in any other Cup race this season. With just one race left, they are unfortunately not going to be eligible for a trophy even if they compete at the Last Chance.

Oh, yes. I forgot about that. I was hoping that might entice them to make the trip.

If someone knows Johan Wasserman, they should advise him he's entered in the bonus race only, according to the entry list.

A handful of Ontario F1200 racers are planning on being there, subject to surviving this coming weekend.

Default Challenge Cup Awards Ceremony News

For the season ending Formula Vee Challenge Cup awards ceremony at Mura Bella’s Italian Steakhouse in Montour Falls, 241 N. Genesee St., (www.murabellasrestaurant.com), Series sponsor Complemar Partners Inc. (www.complemar.com) has generously stepped forward to cover all costs for the evening for all attendees!
    To start off the festivities there will be appetizers, including bruschetta, a meatball & sausage sampler, eggplant fingers and garlic cheese bread. Then, for dinner there will be a selection from three main entrée categories;

Pasta combo selections:
    a.) Choice of pasta.
    b.) Choice of sauce.
    c.) Choice of meat or seafood.
    2.Chicken Parmesan
    Choice of five sandwiches;
    a) Burgers & fries.
    b) Meatball sandwich
    c) Sausage sandwich
    d) French dip sandwich
    e) Open faced steak sandwich

Please plan to arrive at the restaurant between 5:30 and 6 PM for appetizers. Dinner will then be ordered followed by the prize give-away drawings and the awarding of the 2014 Formula Vee Challenge Cup Series trophies.
    Many thanks go out to Complemar Partners Inc. for their generosity in helping bring the 2014 Formula Vee Challenge Cup Series to a close with a bang. This will be a relaxed, fun evening at a very nice restaurant and a fitting way to wind up your racing season, so make plans now to attend!
    Last edited by fvee62; 09.27.14 at 10:15 AM.

It looks like most of the field is on Falkens. Those that are not, or those that would like to come out and try them, I have a spare set (actually for sale) that I can loan out. May be able to find some more if needed. Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    Last edited by problemchild; 09.30.14 at 10:10 PM.

Falkens?

Corrected. Thanks.
    I've got both .... too many

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 355

Only 11-12 cars signed up yet? Where is everyone?
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Thank you to Greg, Rob, Trina and Complemar for putting on Saturday evening’s very enjoyable meal, in fact it was a very enjoyable weekend all round.
    Guy.

Liked: 51

Default Thanks to the hosts.

Thanks for everything...a gr8 evening with the best hosts. We really enjoyed the trip and would be there again.
    Last edited by Johan W; 10.12.16 at 5:39 PM.

Thread Information