Liked: 501

Default ZINK Z-10 as CF?

Looking for opinions as to how the Zink Z-10 is as a CF compared to the Crossles and Lolas as a good, competitive CF. I am considering one locally that I think is fairly priced. It's not the best looking car, but fits my large frame, which isn't that good looking either

Liked: 95

Z10 is a most excellent CFF. There's a gentleman from Mich who has recently set class track records at 2 or 3 area tracks. It's well suited for a larger driver. If I were in the market for a CFF, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Z10.
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Liked: 501

Thanks Jack, I have heard similar, but just wanting to make sure, before I buy one.

Liked: 107

i have a Z10. my car is extremely well sorted and prepared. they are rugged, agile. mine is the only one i have driven but id say its a very tight car. they are also cool as they a bit unique. as novice driver with zero racing experience (well i raced cycling and speed skating if that counts...) i placed 2nd overall in the very competitive "the series" last year. (my second year of racing.) so, id say they are pretty darn good cars!

there was a wide track front upgrade, and a few different running changes with the chassis shock mount on the front and the upright side shock mount on the rear. i have never seen 2 of the same tails.... i have the aero nose. also the wheels are have an odd offset.
    Last edited by fitfan; 09.18.14 at 12:28 AM.
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Default I'm a fan

I've been running a Zink Z10C for about 9 years, and it's been reliable and always competitive. By now, none of them is close to how they were first assembled, so there's a lot of variability between cars. A good one is a great car!

Liked: 73

I've been hustling one around for years, 6 of those years with two hands on the wheel, 16 driving with one arm after an industrial accident claimed my left one. I put it up near the pointy end at most races I attend and I can tell you that the car is a lot of fun and very robust. Not to mention that it is fairly easy to maintain.
    Good luck, no matter what you decide.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 3787

Whenever I hear "Z-10" I don't think of Lathrop, I think of J.D.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.28.15 at 1:27 PM.

Nice picture.
    I keep meaning to ask you if I can buy the FF 40th set from Mrs. Frog. Are they still available?
    JD
    Zink Z10

PM me a snail mail address.

Liked: 157

Default Do it!

JD,

Mike Rand and I were just commenting how nice the framed picture she does looks. Mine has my car and the row it was parked in featured on the side and then the long multi car shot front and center. I have two of them, one for the garage and one in my office. Best pictures I own other than the wedding pictures of course

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    JD,

Mike Rand and I were just commenting how nice the framed picture she does looks. Mine has my car and the row it was parked in featured on the side and then the long multi car shot front and center. I have two of them, one for the garage and one in my office. Best pictures I own other than the wedding pictures of course
    Of course

Hope to see you at Summit Point. Or the JRRC (Jerk).
    JD
    Zink Z10

Mike Rand is one of the charter members of the Mrs Purple Frog Fan Club. That said, he is bias. I think he kept me in the Series for 7 years just so Janice would keep showing up.

OBTW we have about 100 of the 40th posters still. Thought about wallpapering Rand's race shop with them. He swears he is not in charge of the 50th. I'm figuring we will strap him in a wheelchair and roll him out on the grid, while meanwhile using his name as the promoter of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Mike Rand is one of the charter members of the Mrs Purple Frog Fan Club. That said, he is bias. I think he kept me in the Series for 7 years just so Janice would keep showing up.

OBTW we have about 100 of the 40th posters still. Thought about wallpapering Rand's race shop with them. He swears he is not in charge of the 50th. I'm figuring we will strap him in a wheelchair and roll him out on the grid, while meanwhile using his name as the promoter of the event.

Sign me up for a poster too
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 47

I had the pleasure of racing against JD at the 40th.
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 12

Post 40th Poster.

Purple Frog:

While not a participant, would be interested in a 40th poster. What do I need to do?

Craig Walker

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Default Zink

After watching PK's Z10 at MO, Road America and at the ARRC, I bought the first Zink I could save for (Z16). Great CF! Hopefully I'll have it going for this year's ARRC but I'll be there with something!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 107

here are some pics of mine to add to the wonderful Z10 imagery
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Thread Information