Liked: 11

Default Who would have guessed?

Class totals registered for Group 7 at NC Regions's VIR Goblins Go SARRC event this upcoming weekend.......

FB is leading the pack in entries w/ 5 total................Despite Jon Lewis being a no-show......;-).

Class Totals: Formula 1000: 5, Formula Continental: 2, Formula Enterprises (FSCCA): 1, Formula Mazda: 1, Formula S: 2, Sports 2000: 1, C Sports Racing: 1, D Sports Racing: 1
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Who's enered?

Default 5 FB's so far, should be a great weekend.

E. McEwan - Phoenix F1K <---Ex-Richard Dziak car
    J. Slahor - Van Diemen-Novak
    T. Pierce - Ralph Firman F1000
    M. Quinn - Stohr F1000
    R. Franklin - Stohr F1000
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 5

Default ...and 4 FB's at NJMP this weekend...

Shawn McClure DP04
    Alex Mayer DP04
    Pete Seabrook Stohr
    Ivin Seabrook Stohr

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

So nice to see the Phoenix F1K.07 emerge once again and be on the race track.

Good luck Alastair...enjoy the ride.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 52

Default Home and Home

Hey Ivin,

I've been thinking about a home and home series with you guys. We have a SARRC/MARRS challenge and the Oak Tree Double National at VIR. Richard and I will go up to NJMP for one event if you guys will come down for one event. I'd be a good way to boost our numbers and would be a blast! What do you think?

Now we just need to make the same arrangement with Coop and Brandon.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Default Looks good

You boys play nice!

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post
    Hey Ivin,

I've been thinking about a home and home series with you guys. We have a SARRC/MARRS challenge and the Oak Tree Double National at VIR. Richard and I will go up to NJMP for one event if you guys will come down for one event. I'd be a good way to boost our numbers and would be a blast! What do you think?

Now we just need to make the same arrangement with Coop and Brandon.
    Tim,
    That is a very reasonable suggestion. Let me discuss with Pete. You guys were great to race with at the pro race at NJMP.

Ivin

Same here. I can't promise we'll have the huge spread that you had at the Pro race, but we'll find something good to eat. Maybe we can even get Alex Mayer to do the same. I think it's very doable to have 6-10 cars in class. We don't need no stinking Pro series!
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 84

Wanted To Buy

what plans do you guys have for the Winter Nationals? We have 5-6 FB in Florida (maybe more). We can have over 10+ cars in the class for Sebring and maybe even Homestead. My plans for next year are those two tracks plus Atlanta, Roebling, Barber and VIR. It would be nice if the class could come together to bring as many cars to select bunch of races (hopefully under Mike B's series). There are certainly enough FB's in these regions to make a serious showing.

My original plans included NJMP, VIR, CMP, Rd Atl, RRR and maybe Barber. They are all within 8 hours haul. I know Richard wants to go to WGI as well. Since you're coming into our neck of the woods, we may have to consider Sebring as well. I drove to Miami to pick up my car from James Lee and I don't think I want to do it again for Homestead. Stay tuned.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 701

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    It would be nice if the class could come together to bring as many cars to select bunch of races (hopefully under Mike B's series). There are certainly enough FB's in these regions to make a serious showing.
    I'm working on it but I don't want to announce anything until agreements are in place (strange concept, I know).
    The only hint that I can give you is to block off May 18/19 and book a hotel in the Atlanta area that weekend. There's more but that one is looking good.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Zcurves View Post
    My original plans included NJMP, VIR, CMP, Rd Atl, RRR and maybe Barber. They are all within 8 hours haul. I know Richard wants to go to WGI as well. Since you're coming into our neck of the woods, we may have to consider Sebring as well. I drove to Miami to pick up my car from James Lee and I don't think I want to do it again for Homestead. Stay tuned.
    Homestead is great track and facility especially if they open both infields. You should reconsider. You can always make an extended vacation and do some fishing in the keys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    I'm working on it but I don't want to announce anything until agreements are in place (strange concept, I know).
    The only hint that I can give you is to block off May 18/19 and book a hotel in the Atlanta area that weekend. There's more but that one is looking good.
    Sound awesome cant wait! No pressure but the fate of the the class and everyone that races in it rests on your shoulders.........JK

Default Ditto what Tim said.

Ditto what Tim said.

In 2013, I plan to only add Watkins Glen & maybe Barber. Whether they are Rationals, Nationals whatever. I just want to drive them.

I need to limit my new tracks a bit for 2013.... I competed at 4 brand new tracks this year ie: Mosport, NJMP & Atlanta, Charlotte. Heck, even familiar VIR & RRR were steep learning curves w/ a new car.

She's got some patina (some say scars) on her now, so hopefully we'll be going quicker 2nd time around....:-)
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Default Hopefully

WGI will go back to a 2xNat'l race for '13. This years single Rat woulda been a bummer for sure, esp when you add in the essentially worthless test day they have each year.

-Deborah Downer

;o)

That's a long ride for a single anything.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 14

The Goblins go weekend at VIR turned out to be a spectacular fall weekend. Wonderfull weather and some great racing. The F1000 group (all 5 cars) put on a great show, and EVERYONE completed the race on Sunday.
    I second the sentiment that it was great to see the Phoenix out there. Alastair had that Phoenix movin real well..... especially since I believe he said it was his first racing experience with the Phoenix. He's been using it as a track day car all year.

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Results......?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Jason Slahor finished first with a very impressive lap time for his first VIR experience. I finished second and posted a personal best time. Alastair finished third (qualified second) and was very competitive. Richard Franklin finished 4th and also posted his career best time. Mike Quinn sheared his rear sprocket bolts during qualifying and finished fifth.

Hats off to Jason. VIR is a very technical track and he picked it up very quickly. He's an extremely talented driver and should make a splash on the national scene next year. Gary and Bill are also a class act and we really enjoyed having them around.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 701
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Default Yep, great event.

Hats off to Jason, he was hooked up.

Especially for Alistair for holding me off at the end. Great result for his first race in Richard D's car. I was catching him...but I simply ran out of laps.

Video of start --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LSmCWGaFTgE
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 11.16.12 at 10:18 PM.
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Thread Information