Liked: 0

Default Milwaukee Mile Road course event

Here is your opportunity to race at a legendary race track for one of the lowest cost entry fees in many years.
    The Great Lakes Sport Car Club is hosting a Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs 3 day event at the Wisconsin State Fair Park Speedway June 20th thru 22nd.
    Friday June 20th there will be a "test & tune / practice day.
    Saturday June 21st, full program of wheel to wheel races, including Vintage and current classes.
    Sunday June 22nd will be a full day of High Speed Autocross on the full speedway and infield road course, with practice runs followed by timed runs.
    Registration will be available online : http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...te=27-Feb-2015
    You can also contact us at greatlakessportcarclub@gmail.com.
    The Milwaukee Mile is the oldest operating motor speedway in the world, hosting at least one auto race every year since 1903 (except during U.S. involvement in World War II. Racers who have competed at the track are a "Who's-Who" of racing history: Barney Oldfield, Ralph DePalma, Walt Faulkner, Parnelli Jones, A.J. Foyt, Al Unser, Bobby Unser, Mario Andretti, Bobby Rahal, Jim Clark, Darrell Waltrip, Alan Kulwicki, Emerson Fittipaldi, Bobby Allison, Davey Allison, Nigel Mansell, Michael Andretti, Alex Zanardi, Harry Gant, Rusty Wallace, and Walker Evans, as well as current racing stars Danica Patrick, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Dario Franchitti, Jeff Gordon, Tony Kanaan, Scott Dixon, Hélio Castroneves and many others.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.07.14 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Font clean up

Liked: 25

Default I raced there

Hey Bruce,
    I'm offended that you left me off the list of Who's Who that raced at the Milwaukee Mile
    I raced there in about 1983 and jumped over the hay bales in turn 1 on the road course in my Cosworth Vega!

the Turn Right Racing team should be well represented at this years event!

Liked: 95

My very first ever race was at the Mile in 1978. I will be there (probably without a car) and I'm looking forward to it!
    Jack Bartelt
    Lola T540 CFF

Default Milwaukee Mile Road course event info

Ok, here it is!!!! Follow this link to the event flyer/entry form for the Great Lakes Sport Car Club / Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs Milwaukee Mile event June 20-22, 2014. Check out those low, low entry fees. Then register and come out and run at a fantastic, historic race track!!!
    http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=14608
    Any questions?????

Default Milwaukee Mile registration

Online registration is open for the
    Milwaukee Mile Road Course "Young America on Wheels" weekend.
    Test & Tune (HPDE) on Friday June 20th.
    Wheel to Wheel (current & Vintage) races on Saturday June 21st.
    High Speed Autocross on Sunday June 22nd.
    All sanctioned by the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs, and
    sponsored by the Great Lakes
    Sport Car Club.
    Event info: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=14608
    Online Registration: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=14608
    Please come out and support this event. Future plans are being made for multiple events at this great historic facility.

Thread Information