Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default East Coast 45th of FF at the Glen

Sorry gang, our 45th is not until 2014 as FF was first a class over here in the US in 1969, not 1968 as in the UK.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 07.17.13 at 4:42 PM.

Liked: 3772

The boy does have sort of a reputation for throwing together FF reunion events.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.28.15 at 1:28 PM.

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    The boy does have sort of a reputation for throwing together FF reunion events.

Yes but he is not good with math, LOL

Liked: 3772

Tom,

After i posted the picture above, i was looking through that file and noticed the dates they were taken. Then i realized there was a time warp. Before i could call Rand, he knew.

If 25 would guarantee entry, i bet he would still do it.

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Tom,

After i posted the picture above, i was looking through that file and noticed the dates they were taken. Then i realized there was a time warp. Before i could call Rand, he knew.

If 25 would guarantee entry, i bet he would still do it.

I've always thought it would be cool to drive the Glen. (Besides, that's my car, front and center in the pic! ) I'd seriously consider making the tow from the Midwest. Heck, I'm in Colorado now, racing here next weekend at HPR with RMVR's Race Against Kids Cancer fundraiser and 45th Anniversary of Formula Ford racing. Seems the Rocky Mountain Vintage Racers consider the UK start date. Anyway, over 30 FF's are entered/expected for this one, I think you'd easily get more than 25 for a Glen 45th.
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Liked: 127

If this happens next year, I'm definitely in! Even if I finish at the back of the pack.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 34

VRG has suggested a reunion for ff at the Jefferson 500, in 2014. It was discussed at this years event.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default East Coast FF 45th

How about VIR in the spring? Like the cars, VIR is vintage too and one great track. VDCA's event already shares track with the PRO 1600/2000 series.

Liked: 120

Damn!!!!

First I get into a freak accident that should have killed me, then I lose my nice 89DB3

Now, the 45th at WG next year so close to my house!!

I think god is mocking me

Brian

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by sevenselans View Post
    VRG has suggested a reunion for ff at the Jefferson 500, in 2014. It was discussed at this years event.

At Summit Point? If yes, then no thanks. Good track but not for 200 plus FFs and a 45th reunion.

Liked: 232

Default 40th....

I had a chance to go to the 40th with my son Jason who requested the trip as his college "graduation gift". Seeing old friends and new - placing faces behind names - re-living old stories and planning for the future - Introducing Jason to FF heritage; Skip, RK, Mike, Bruce, Craig and so many others is great memory. I for one will commit in advance to such an event at a great track, WG, MidO,.......... and Dangerous Cargo will sponsor and create custom name tags for all drivers past and present to wear at the event/social AND contribute to the "libation" fund , AND a few small prizes for at-the-social "raffle".

EJ

Liked: 31

Default 45th at RMVR

Just to clarify, we needed a good excuse for a FF event at RMVR this year, so were celebrating the first ever FF points championship which was in England in 1968. Maybe we'll have to do it again next year for the US anniversary.

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Quote Originally Posted by wink31 View Post
    Just to clarify, we needed a good excuse for a FF event at RMVR this year, so were celebrating the first ever FF points championship which was in England in 1968. Maybe we'll have to do it again next year for the US anniversary.
    That sounds like an excellent idea!
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Liked: 12

If a 45th anniversary race is happening, I'd love to know about it. Announcing the line-up for the 100+ cars we had at one of the race at Road America was certainly a highlight of my career.
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Howden View Post
    If a 45th anniversary race is happening, I'd love to know about it. Announcing the line-up for the 100+ cars we had at one of the race at Road America was certainly a highlight of my career.
    Barber in August 2014.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Any more info on that? It's the first I've heard of it. The only other "45th" that I've seen mentioned is the vintage race at Summit in May

Liked: 7

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    Any more info on that? It's the first I've heard of it. The only other "45th" that I've seen mentioned is the vintage race at Summit in May
    It's being worked on. I'm sure the details will come out soon

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

I'm in. Double SARRC weekend perhaps? would be most excellent to run that track with just FF
    East Coast runoffs, perhaps?

Liked: 202

Default Unofficial Official Announcement

Still waiting on the wordsmiths with the PR department to get anything out, but here's the deal:

. Event - SCCA Summer Speedfest
    . Date - Aug 9-10, 2014
    . Location - Barber Motorsports Park
    . Groups (not in this order):
    - Runoffs-eligible FF
    - Vintage/Club FF
    - SRF, including SRF3
    - FE
    - F500/F600 Challenge (Pro event for F600)

No test day on Friday (it wasn't available) but 20-minute practice, 20-minute qualifying, and 30-minute races for all five run groups on Saturday. Banquet Saturday evening at the track, then Sunday is warm-ups and 50-mile (or 45-minute) "feature" races for six groups (SRF3 will be separate from SRF on Sunday).

It will run under the Majors umbrella, so Runoffs-eligible classes will earn "nationwide" points that count towards the 50% mark for Runoffs qualification. It will not count for Eastern Conference championships nor will it count as one of the three "participation" weekends required to earn a Runoffs invitation.

Additional details still need to be worked out, but we're looking at a $475-$495 entry fee.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll answer what I can at this time...
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 667

Any idea what time we can get into the track? Will it handle the number of cars? I like the track, but it is pretty small for as many as I would think will want to come.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 41

The time to get into Barber is always a floating number. If the track is rented on Friday, then the time is more like 530pm. If it is not rented, then you negotiate with Barber for a mid afternoon time. The contract has a later time in it but Barber is willing to work with you.

If you really want to run Barber, we will be doing our Labor Day SECS/SARRC/TT race there. SECS is SEDIV's version of an alternate path to the Runoffs so "National" points are available to those who want to earn a Runoffs invitation.

Paddock space at Barber is sufficient to handle the numbers of cars expected for either of these events.
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Thread Information