Liked: 667

Default 10 cars at Roebling Road

We had 10 FF/CFs at Roebling last weekend, and a really tight group with close competition. [Closer if I'd (A) shown up on time for the grid, and (B) added enough fuel to finish] Anyone with a Formula Ford who has been sitting out because there was nobody to run with, should start prepping their toys and come out and race!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 214

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    We had 10 FF/CFs at Roebling last weekend, and a really tight group with close competition. [Closer if I'd (A) shown up on time for the grid, and (B) added enough fuel to finish] Anyone with a Formula Ford who has been sitting out because there was nobody to run with, should start prepping their toys and come out and race!
    I was wondering why you weren't all over me when I got stuck behind that CF on the last lap. The fuel wasn't entirely your fault, we did inadvertently get some bonus laps on Sunday.
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

Sam,
    I am clinging to that excuse, as it sounds so much better than "I was an idiot." It was great to race with you, and that beautiful car. I hope we get to run again soon.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 0

Default Looking for a FF

Hey guys , thought I would introduce myself before asking for leads for a FF , CF or Supervee to add to your ranks at Roebling Road. I was there last weekend and am checking out websites such as this one. Had several fords in past ,and like the idea of vintage events also. I too live in Bluffton sc
    Cassius Mullen

Cassius,

Welcome to the Addiction.We,d love to have you in FF. there are several good cars available in the classified section at the bottom of the forums page, and plenty of knowledgable fanatics to help with any questions. Come on out and play in the streets!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

I'm moving to Florida for a new job, and I really want to try my hands at racing. I've done 3 track days and I have the bug bad. How is the southeast for formula Ford? I've been told by Jon K, Chuck C and a couple others who don't think that miata is the answer for everything that formula Ford is a good start. A 10 car field sounds pretty good, how uncommon is that though?
    Last edited by rsChris; 07.04.14 at 10:00 AM.

Default Swift driver

Thanks bud. You live in Bluffton also ? Perhaps I could run over to your garage sometime to meet you. Cassius Mullen.

Liked: 13

I'm in Bluffton as well. Let me know if you ever need help with something.
    Last edited by NoLimits; 07.04.14 at 1:26 PM.

Cassius: I am 2-3 hours from Bluffton, but would love to have you and NoLimits up for a day if you guys feel like a drive. Send me a PM or e-mail and we can arrainge a day. [my 2 jobs requires some planning, but it would be a lot of fun]

rcChris: The Ford fields were thin a few years back, but we are looking good now. The 40th and the pro series have been something of a rejuvenator, and reminded people how awsome this class is. Cheaper repairs and tighter racing than wing cars, in my opinion. We have a good mix of FFs and CFs, with at least one new guy coming next year [or sooner], and everyone in the group gets along well, and races clean. Florida has an even larger group. If you are in lower Fla., contact James Lee Racing [not me] based out of Miami. Super guy, knows everybody and preps cars. He will give you good advice and can assist in finding / checking out available FFs. Send me a PM if you have any further questions, and welcome to the addiction.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Thread Information