Liked: 218

Default FE Challenge in CenDiv for 2015!

One Formula is excited to announce an FE Challenge Series for CenDiv in 2015! Please see attached file for more details.

Follow this thread for upcoming announcements and registration information.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 3

Great idea Steve!!

Looking forward to crewing for my son next year... make him a good seat!

Liked: 447

Thank you!!! Anything to secure larger fields and to get away from the mix and mess race groups of "wings & things" is a giant step in the right direction. Hopefully the FE car counts in the CenDiv show that next season. Our cars are too closely matched to be thrown in with other class cars that are close enough to the same speed as we are in order to mess with race results. The Majors turned out to be a Major disappointment in my opinion. I didn't notice any difference in the races that we usually attend except for higher entry fees and trophies only for the top 3 no matter how many cars were racing (although not really a huge deal). It could be that the typical race in the CenDiv is run relatively better than other regions in the country if other drivers in different locations felt that there is a benefit to the Majors in contrast from what they're used to, but I wouldn't know as I can't speak for racers in other regions. In any case, thanks for stepping up Steve/One Formula and any others who contribute to the cause.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 68

Count me in!

Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default FE still great value

FE has fallen on soft times lately but it is still a great bang for the buck and a lot of fun to drive.
    Thanks Steve and One Formula for this program - worthy of support.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default FE great promotion

Great idea to promote the class. Will make for some great racing. Anyone could win.

Liked: 16

Default FE Challenge in CenDiv for 2015!

I'm in!

Default Registration is open!

Please see the attached pdf registration form. I have been contacted by a vendor that is interested in putting more prize money on the table (paying 4th and 5th in the Championship) if we get enough racers signed up. I will be contacting other vendors next week as I have my new shop to a point where I have a few days off (Epoxy goes on the floor next week!)
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 6

Count us in for this series. Looking forward to joining the class next year.
    Michael Mueller
    2011 & 2012 SCCA Formula 500 National Champion

Default Contact info

I guess it would help if I put where to send the registration form!

email is racer6@mchsi.com

fax is 815-845-2325 (8:30-5:00 weekdays, CST)
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 15

Default CenDiv Challenge track question

I am new to the FE class. I just purchased my FE car for 2015. I am wanting to register and join this Challenge Series, however, I wish there were other tracks involved in the series. Just wondering if/why Mid Ohio wasn't added to the series. I love RA and Blackhawk Farms, but what about variety?

Liked: 177

I'm new to FE for the 2015 season as well. Honestly, I consider myself lucky to come in when anything in FE is happening at all in an attempt to boost numbers. I'd venture to guess Steve is putting this on as a tester to see how it goes. If it succeeds perhaps we will get MO, Gingerman, etc...??? All I know is that if we show up it can't hurt the chances of it happening See you at the track!
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Real simple. It's a CenDiv Challenge. I'm the CenDiv CSR. Mid Ohio is not in CenDiv. It's in Great Lakes. After the split up of CenDiv we had 5 or 6 really good Nationals in CenDiv. With the birth of Majors we were relegated to 3, and for 2015 we were only going to have 2. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and the Cat became the 3rd Major. We have a lot of cars in FE in CenDiv but no participation in Regionals/Divisionals. I just want to get our cars out there and race.

Scott and I discussed doing something at the Northern Majors in 2014 but we were a bit late to the table. I wanted to start this one early.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Yup, pretty obvious now that I put 5 seconds of thought into it. Thanks Steve!

Just sent registration. Can't wait!

Four signed up and another 5 committed with another 5 possibles and I'm not even including Scott!

I did just find out that the Sprints is a single race so we'll be dropping down to 11 races over 6 weekends.

As the early divisional in April at Blackhawk is a double with the driver's school on Friday, would anyone be interested in a "Winterfest"? We've typically not attended as the National/Major is a week later but if I get enough interest I would consider doing something for that event.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

I'm still trying to find somewhere to drive to test the car and get familiar with it prior to a race. I doubt I will find somewhere to test before then.

Default More Sponsors, More Drivers, More $$!!

We've reached the number of driver's registered necessary for me to up the ante on the payouts! In addition, Carter Machine & Design along with Duke's Brew Pub & Ale House are stepping up to provide cash payouts for 4th thru 6th!

We have 10 registered drivers and verbal commitments from more.

Current purse for the series is as follows:

1st $3,600
    2nd $2,500
    3rd $1,400
    4th $1,000
    5th $600
    6th $400

The Series kicks off with the Blackhawk Major in 2 1/2 months. We will be making more announcements soon!
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

20. The following 4 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by SStadel View Post
    I did just find out that the Sprints is a single race
    Seriously? Why did they do that?
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Quote Originally Posted by SStadel View Post
    Four signed up and another 5 committed with another 5 possibles and I'm not even including Scott!

I did just find out that the Sprints is a single race so we'll be dropping down to 11 races over 6 weekends.

As the early divisional in April at Blackhawk is a double with the driver's school on Friday, would anyone be interested in a "Winterfest"? We've typically not attended as the National/Major is a week later but if I get enough interest I would consider doing something for that event.
    I won't be able to do early April

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Mauney View Post
    Seriously? Why did they do that?
    Because we did a very detailed participant survey after last year, and one overwhelming comment was "bring back the traditional format".

Plus, it is the 60th, and we are doing a lot of special things, previous cars and winners, concourse, sponsored dinners with drivers and crew invited Fri and Sat, (they are always invited, but word wasn't always spread correctly) David Hobbs as Grand marshal, etc.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scott sanda View Post
    David Hobbs as Grand marshal, etc.
    Sweeeet!!! I want to hear him say, "Kablammo" or "Attachments" but not in the same sentence.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

25. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Sweeeet!!! I want to hear him say, "Kablammo" or "Attachments" but not in the same sentence.
    As long as "kablammo" isn't describing my engine, transmission, or other important component, sounds great!
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Steve, any updates/changes to the series as of now? How many people (who) are currently registered for it?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Kablammo is another word for "it blowed up real good that time"

Default Registered Drivers

Keith, thanks for bringing this up. I'd have done some updates but its been a bit busy around here. Here's a list:

Keith Carter
    Kent Lehr
    Michael Mueller
    Dean Opperman
    Hanna Zellers
    Scott Rettich
    Marshall Mauney
    Daniel Smith
    Jeff Beck
    Mat Cutter
    David Budres
    and of course old buddy Denny Marklein, just don't have his paperwork yet. Imagine that!

I just sold two cars and they haven't joined the series yet. Mitch Hansen from Wisconsin and Chris Fillmore from Michigan are running this weekend at Blackhawk. Still unknown about the BHF Majors. I know Tom Muffler is signed up for this weekend and I think next weekend as well. He hasn't signed up for the series yet. I'm looking for a car for someone else in my area right now as well. Pretty crazy in a good way!
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

30. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default Hoosier Tire joins the FE Challenge!

Hoosier Tire has just joined the FE Challenge. Please see attached.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

32. The following 3 users liked this post:

Great news Steve! Looking forward to crewing for Kent this year. Should have some great grids from the looks of things. See you at BFR in a couple weeks...

Default Hoosier Tire

I just wanted to remind everyone that they do need to register with Hoosier to be able to receive the tire awards. If you've been running Nationals/Majors you're probably already registered (only need to do it once), but if you're new to the class/series/racing you should register online. It is quick and painless!

See revised announcement:
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Default BHF Results

The standings after the first weekend are attached. In the first race, Denny and Dean had a close race for second while still keeping Scott in sight. 6th thru 11th was a close battle with many changes for position. David went off on the last corner of the last lap, putting him out of the points in his first Majors race. Hanna acquitted herself well in her first FE Majors also.

Sunday the weather turned ugly but the racing was great! Kent took a huge lead on the first lap until misjudging his braking for turn 7. After a leisurely trip to Dubuque, IA he returned to the track in last place and blasted thru the field to finish 3rd. Jeff set the fastest FE lap chasing Scott and passing him only to spin out of the lead immediately (one of 4 spins in the race for Jeff!). Keith and Denny rounded out the top 5.

Six of the top 9 cars overall on Sunday were FE's even after having a distant split start!
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

36. The following 3 users liked this post:

Come on Steve, Dubuque looks nice from a formula car...

Thread Information