Liked: 32

Wanted To Buy WTB - ChaseCam system

WTB - ChaseCam 2 (or 3) camera & recorder system, I would like a DIVA or HD system, maybe with GPS & mounting bracket. (NOT the SS1000 splitter).

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Look on ebay, usually there are several available. I got a basic system with roll bar camera mount for 100 bucks. Just needed a card and I was in business.

Liked: 32

Default thanks

I have been. (I just missed one yesterday...) I'll keep trying. Just thought I'd try poking around a little bit. I have a PDR 100 that I really like, but I want a 2 (or 3) camera system & I really prefer ChaseCam systems with a single box. (not interested in other brands or systems). Thanks.

Contributing Member

Forgot to mention that the system I got was indeed a chasecam. Couldn't believe that nobody else bid on it, didn't have to snipe or anything.

The chasecam system is nice because since its a separate camera and recorder, you can run the video through a data box and overlay data right on the video, using something like the CDS informer boxes. I should say that I have a second informer box if anyone is looking to buy one.

Liked: 107

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    Forgot to mention that the system I got was indeed a chasecam. Couldn't believe that nobody else bid on it, didn't have to snipe or anything.

The chasecam system is nice because since its a separate camera and recorder, you can run the video through a data box and overlay data right on the video, using something like the CDS informer boxes. I should say that I have a second informer box if anyone is looking to buy one.
    what data system do you have? (i have an AIM mxl) and a pdr100 - how does that work feeding data into the video?
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fitfan View Post
    what data system do you have? (i have an AIM mxl) and a pdr100 - how does that work feeding data into the video?
    Competition Data Systems Commander2. The chase cam has a separate camera that plugs into the pdr100 recorder. You can get RCA adaptors which the CDS informer video box uses from chasecam, and route the video through the informer.

Liked: 4

Star FM,

I have a complete 2 camera chase cam system that I would love to sell. I switched over to an AIM system, and it has just been sitting.

PDR 100, PDR 200 2 camera adapter, 2 cameras, etc. It all dates back to 2008, 2009, so it's not "new" or even "newish", but it was fully functional when removed.

Call me at 708-205 5852 and make me a reasonable offer.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    Competition Data Systems Commander2. The chase cam has a separate camera that plugs into the pdr100 recorder. You can get RCA adaptors which the CDS informer video box uses from chasecam, and route the video through the informer.
    so your saying you just add a mini jack cable from the chase cam box to the css. and then the aim connects to the css how? and where is the composite video data stored? in the chase cam or in the cds?

Contributing Member

so your saying you just add a mini jack cable from the chase cam box to the css. and then the aim connects to the css how? and where is the composite video data stored? in the chase cam or in the cds?
    No. The chasecam camera has a funky five pin connector. The CDS Informer that I have uses old school RCA video connections. Chase cam sells adapters that go to and from their five pin connectors to those old school RCA connectors, allowing the informer to connect between the chasecam camera and pdr100 recorder. The video now with overlaid data (put there by the informer) is stored on the pdr100 recorder, just like it would have been if the informer was never there.

As for your aim system, I have no idea. I'm not at all familiar with that system, or how you would go about overlaying that data onto the chasecam video.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

so your saying you just add a mini jack cable from the chase cam box to the css. and then the aim connects to the css how?
    No, the AIM will not connect, it doesn't have that functionality.

thanks all - yes, that is what i was not understanding. thanks again for the explanations.
    i will learn to love "post processing"

Liked: 530

thanks all - yes, that is what i was not understanding. thanks again for the explanations.
    i will learn to love "post processing"
    I use DashWare to post process my video and data. It's wonderful software, hardly costs anything, and frees you to choose any data system and any camera system you prefer.
    Plus they have a great team of developers who will offer great customer service.

Liked: 1

I've got two chasecam pdr100 systems with accessories available as well if anyone is still looking.

Thread Information