Liked: 10

Default Pace Legacy Trailer Stolen

Single axle ten foot Pace Legacy Trailer, stolen from DVR Storage in Ironton OH approximately a month ago. This is the corner where Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia meet. Excellent condition, silver/grey paint with polished stainless steel up two feet from the bottom. Drop axle, beaver tail. Disk locks on the door, only a very thick high-tech cable lock through the wheel.

Trailer was empty, thank goodness, except for the spare. Still titled in Georgia, tag number Georgia 31974 AB (out of date, expired Nov '08).

VIN: 4FFFB12192G067717

Chris Eckles
    Huntington, WV

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 905

That is a bad corner. (Ohio, WV and Kentucky)

It really stinks when one can not even store a locked up trailer without having some scum steal it.

Yes, and I chose a U-Stor-It place that seemed to have a lot of activity.

Liked: 8

I believe the correct word for that area is Pennsyltuckia
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Primary suspects would be the employees.... no security video ? Sketchy.... When & If you find it, keep proof of ownership with you & grab a Constable to get it back. Good luck !!!
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

The trailer is back in my possession, after over a year gone! No need for it since, as I am changing engines and cooling systems and electric system and. . . Nearly done, too much stress at work, was about to drop thousands on a new custom trailer (Penske yellow).

A few weeks back the cops raided a drug house, and started running serial numbers. And my trailer was found! It was parked by the side of the house, filled with misc (likely stolen) junk. Still in great shape, though time for new tires anyway. Parked on grass/dirt. One tire was flat so they installed the spare, still in the back, and towed it to the impound lot.

County sheriff got permission from the DA to release the trailer to me before the trial. I drove to the sheriff's department (about an hour away from where the trailer had been stored) in sunny weather, but while following a deputy to the impound lot a deluge occurred, and continued until we got to the lot.

At the office: "You look like you're here to pick up a trailer!" "I certainly am, and am one very happy camper!" "Well, welcome to Boyd County Mr. Eckles." (They knew my name!) "Hold on a minute and I'll get someone to run you out to it." And it was just a minute. Steady rain from then until I got home. I was very effusive in my thanks to the cops, particularly the one who was in the rain helping me attach the trailer and filling out the (modest) paperwork. Lots of shaken hands.

The even better news is that they (the thieves) didn't remove the carefully crafted wood ramps inside the trailer, that allow me to drive the car up into the trailer at the end of an (autocross) event. Driving up the door with the fold-out flap I continue up at the same angle - low ground clearance. Finish line to trailer strapped down and sealed in less than ten minutes.

Too much rain to take a pic of my new Brahma boot, which while not making my trailer un-stealable by any means, makes me a tough cookie. Will take photo and post later.

And. . . they didn't charge me a dime. For changing the tire, towing to the impound lot, storage in the lot, or anything. Thanks, Boyd County Kentucky Sheriff's Department!

Chris Eckles
    Huntington WV

8. The following 9 users liked this post:

Liked: 586

Applause!

Thread Information