Liked: 444

Default Found my old paintball gun!

Would like to know if this is a good idea to fill my shock's. The tank hold's 5000 psi of nitrogen and I can regulate from 0 - 300 psi from the maxflo reg. Please let me know if this is a stupid idea!!! I still need to find a fitting for the shock. TIA
    Last edited by BURKY; 12.30.13 at 2:08 PM.

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

what kind of shocks?

Penske triple's for a FF

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/High-Pressure-Shock-Tool,828.html

This is the tool that you need and I think that you will need a small regulator for the tank but it should work fine.

Woops reread the original post and it looks like you have the regulator already

Already has a reg! I was just thinking if it hold's 5k. It would be good for a full season, with out the big tank for the small teams. Also, would be perfect for pit row on a golf cart or barstool!

Liked: 151

Those max-flo regulators were great at the low pressures that the smart parts guns ran on. It should work.

I probably still have 8 or so of the original max-flo regulators around here. I do remember them requiring more maintenance and greasing than a lot of other regulators on the market. It was just that Dow 33 pink grease though. Make sure that it doesn't leak.

Also, make sure the fill is nitrogen and not compressed air off of a booster.

What, kind of line fitting should I use to the shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Those max-flo regulators were great at the low pressures that the smart parts guns ran on. It should work.

I probably still have 8 or so of the original max-flo regulators around here. I do remember them requiring more maintenance and greasing than a lot of other regulators on the market. It was just that Dow 33 pink grease though. Make sure that it doesn't leak.

Also, make sure the fill is nitrogen and not compressed air off of a booster.
    Thanks Wren, it came off a IMPULSE. Team SmartParts shop was next to us about 8 years ago. crzy fkrs!

Quote Originally Posted by BURKY View Post
    Almost anything should work as long as it is rated for 300ish PSI. That push to connect stuff is fine. It should be 1/8" NPT and I expect that the tire tool that you use to fill the shock will be 1/4" NPT. Just get a reducer at Home Depot and screw the push to connect from your gun into the tire tool. If you want more length than you have there, measure the OD of the line and order more push to connect line from McMaster.

Look at the link in post #4 that attaches to the canister on the shock and then you use a standard tire (schrader valve) filler on the nitrogen bottle.

look at this as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBUC77m5Ug

Almost anything should work as long as it is rated for 300ish PSI. That push to connect stuff is fine. It should be 1/8" NPT and I expect that the tire tool that you use to fill the shock will be 1/4" NPT. Just get a reducer at Home Depot and screw the push to connect from your gun into the tire tool. If you want more length than you have there, measure the OD of the line and order more push to connect line from McMaster.
    Thanks Wren, Thanks Mike

Thanks Wren, it came off a IMPULSE. Team SmartParts shop was next to us about 8 years ago. crzy fkrs!

I've still got a few of the early impulses laying around here. All of my friends who "made it" ended up playing for either the AA's or OBR and I had a pretty good smart parts hook up.

I, plan on giving it to a Oldskool racer that collects air pistols.
    Last edited by BURKY; 12.30.13 at 2:09 PM.

Liked: 49

I though about getting one of those tanks for filling up shocks and tires at the track.. At 5000psi, seems like they'd last a while!

Default Found my old paintball gun!

That brings back memories. I can't even begin to guess how many cases I shot through mine. I've still got the scar on the back of my right thumb from the back screw that held the grip on.

That brings back memories. I can't even begin to guess how many cases I shot through mine. I've still got the scar on the back of my right thumb from the back screw that held the grip on.
    We, had three acers to run around on . We would take all the crap, out of the construction dumpsters, and take it to the field. It was great ( So what if you need a tetanus shot)!!!

Thread Information