Thread: Vesaro

Liked: 0

Default Vesaro

Does anyone have this setup? Is it worth the obscene price tag?

http://fancy.com/things/289776193/Ad...ro?ref=ffemail

Liked: 96

"Is it worth the obscene price tag?"

Since you used the word "obscene", then no, it is not worth it.
    If your bank account resembles Bill Gates' or Warren Buffet's, it may be worth it.
    Since you can buy a really nice car for $75,000 or 3 really good cars for $75,000 I'd say not worth it.

My
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 96

Default 2nd Thought

If you had a place where you could set it up, charge people to use it and make a profit (and use it on your own after hours) then, yes, totally worth it.

It's all relative.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

I have seen similar units for $50k.
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 530

oculus rift is going to obsolete these large screen simulators. I might actually get back into sim racing (after a 20 year hiatus) when they are released next year.

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by ARescigno View Post
    .... Is it worth the obscene price tag?...
    If you're running an F1 team, maybe
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

If you changed 3 components on that sim, the wheel, the force feed back wheel hub and the brakes... maybe but it does not have a correct field of view IMO for that kind of money but VESARO are a good quality motion sim company.

Those are 6" DBOX actuators on there, they are more suited to heavier car applications, they will toss you around quite a bit, I am told that the 3" actuators are better suited to that type of frame and it is not uncommon for sim companies to over dramatize the motion to enhance the immersion. if you race cars and you must or you wouldn't be here on APEX (hope that is a safe bet) the first thing you would say I expect would be that your real car isnt that violent rolling down the track. and typically they're set to really toss you around when you crash which really is not what a racing sim should be or do.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

I would doubt very much that OCULUS will replace a 3 screen approach to sim racing. think of it for a moment, the sims I make and sell go in the 50 to 70K mark, the steering wheels alone are around $3500 with fully functioning paddles, button, rotaries etc.. with OCULUS, you cannot see a steering wheel, if you race any car at all or train with any car at all and it has changes you can make on the fly, you wont be able to do it very well wearing OCULUS. Imagine trying to use this wheel below while wearing OCULUS. second, if you race say a 2 hour f1 race, the OCULUS will be very uncomfortable and heavy after time. third, OCULUS is at best a low price gamer component for people who want to replace a single screen with a different / perhaps better FOV without the cost of a 3 screen environment. NOT a good piece of hardware that should be used when using a sim for race training or actual racing but if a guy is on a tight budget it has its place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blair Robertshaw; 06.18.14 at 11:11 AM.

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Robertshaw View Post
    ...with OCULUS, you cannot see a steering wheel, if you race any car at all or train with any car at all and it has changes you can make on the fly, you wont be able to do it very well wearing OCULUS...
    That's an incredibly good point. Personally, I don't want to wear that sweaty thing on my face...

Thread Information