Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 157

Congrats Jeremy, terrific drive against some very fast guys.

Max Mallinen has come a long way in his first year of FF.

Bad luck Tim, but that was a great drive back through the field, almost had it on the podium.

The track makes for good racing but the number of incidents, collisions and FCYs was ridiculous.

Liked: 976

Great job Jeremy and Team Citation!!!! Lathrop will be proud!

Liked: 1426

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    It was awesome to see him there at the end! Never met him, but I'm a huge fan
    He was cooler before he cut his hair.

Liked: 1851

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    Great job Jeremy and Team Citation!!!! Lathrop will be proud!

Aren't you supposed to be out on the track practicing?

Congrats Jeremy!

Liked: 232

From my August 5, 2014 post in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Swift17 View Post
    I know there will be a new thread about who will win the runoffs soon on this board but after seeing Jeremy's preparation of his Citation, watching him drive around Summit with such "soft hands" at all the corners as I had time to watch - my early pic ?

Jeremy Grenier at the front of the pack - Laguna Seca 2014

EJ
    Hell, I wish I put a few buck on my prediction in Las Vegas

WELL DONE JER, WELL DONE!!!

Liked: 246

Congrats to all three of the podium finishers. I don't know Jeremy but a great drive.
    Ethan, great battle to fight your way to the podium.
    Chuck, fantastic job of holding the torch for us old guys. Todd

Liked: 91

Congrats to all. I wish I could have been there with you. Great drive Jeremy.

Liked: 822

Has anyone figured out a way to RECORD any of the live video feed? I'm going to be tied up for the weekend and can't sit here to watch. I'd love to be able to record it and watch it later. I know I can wait for speedcast to put it up, but that'll be weeks at best.
    I've tried 3 or 4 different methods, but seems speedcast is intentionally breaking the feed every few seconds and it cuts the download.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Has anyone figured out a way to RECORD any of the live video feed? I'm going to be tied up for the weekend and can't sit here to watch. I'd love to be able to record it and watch it later. I know I can wait for speedcast to put it up, but that'll be weeks at best.
    I've tried 3 or 4 different methods, but seems speedcast is intentionally breaking the feed every few seconds and it cuts the download.
    Steve, speedcast usually posts the "Recorded " versions for later viewing. I too have plans for tomorrow, but plan to watch the FF race later in the evening or Sunday.

Anyone putting up results here, please put spoiler in the post for those of us that don't want to know as it happens.

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default Congrats Jeremy

Great drive bud. Lost in this discussion was a solid drive to second by Chuck Horn in my old DB6 against a strong field. Way to go. I also thought Speedcast did a pretty good job with the class this year. It seemed they did their homework.
    Last edited by Mike Scanlan; 10.10.14 at 8:57 PM. Reason: Addition

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    I'm starting a Ethan Shippert Fan Club. Glad he was able to fight his way up there. That guy is as class as they come.
    Thanks Reid. i promise you, with all my friends and family that came out of the woodwork for this one, you'd have some takers!

I never seem to make the right choice on tires/engine/shock for the runoffs, seems like I can win 99 races out of 100 but that 100th race will be the big one... Nonetheless, what a week. I struggled with the car on ultimate pace, hoping for longer green flag runs but getting aggressive with the setup to keep the tires happy. I could run decent pace; just not as fast as that lead pack. Jeremy, Max and Chuck all had me covered on the restarts and the A11 Avons weren't soft enough with the constant yellows and fog rolling in past half distance to keep me in the hunt against the R25 Hoosiers. But although I had resigned myself to fighting off the late charge of Mr Kautz for P4, I didn't expect to see Max come in contact with the lapper on the last lap. Lucky me!

Of course, congrats to Jeremy. Beautiful car, wonderful drive. Chuck as well. He tested probably something like 1500 miles this year and it showed with his speed. Well done guys!
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Liked: 42

Congrats Ethan. Well done.

I only have one question:

what happened to the hair?!
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

The race is on USTREAM, marked SCCA RUNOFFS shot at 11: 0something. It is near the end of that video. It's worth the effort to find it. Great racing!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 1397

To me Jeremy is a little special as the new national Formula F champion in that not only did he drive the car but he built the car from parts he assembled. Quite a bit of the car he built himself as well. And all the years of doing race prep for others, he finally got to do it for himself. That is a complete champion in racing.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Default USTREAM Runoffs

Thanks Jim, awesome stuff!

I've raced with quite a few of the west coasters, great to see them enjoying the Runoffs!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 14

Default Thanks

I want to thank everyone for the congratulations. This is very special for me as Lathrop said I did a lot of work to get this car finished and running like this. It did take a lot of help from a lot of people. Paul Czekanski who started Ski Motorsports and hired a young kid to help keep it going. Without him I would not be racing. Bruce at Hoosier has been a big supporter of mine since I started to run in the National level of the SCCA. Sandy and Erik at Quicksilver. They build great motors and have some of the best at track service you can get. As you can see sandy had to do a little tear down on my motor after the race. Jim Kearney has stepped in and coached me and helped me become a better driver. There is a focus he brings to the drivers approach to the week. Langbein, Minor, Reedy, Brandon, Wren, Moran, The Oseth's, Mr. Smith, O'Connor, Voss, and all who have supported/helped Ski Motorsports over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Germg; 10.16.14 at 6:38 PM.

Liked: 5

Default FF race highlights from P3 to P2

Contributing Member
    Liked: 74

As Horns chief umbrella holder it was great joy to see him get the P2. Also great to see that the Porter tuned DB6 still has it against some very expensive gear.
    Neil has had 3 wins at the Runoffs and weather killed two other likely wins. Keith Nunes was there supporting Chuck as well.
    The pass in T5 by Horn was a classic.
    I guess the first lap deal that spun KAUtz was just one of them racin deals. There was a gap and Merrill went for it. Looked like there was some sand on the curb.
    Hybels

Liked: 7

Default Chuck's Best Seat in the House

Great drive Chuck

Thanks for uploading you in-car so quickly
    "You GO Now"

Rick

Great drive. Thanks for posting, and for keeping swifts in the mix!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 62

Default Horn

Having raced with Chuck in club ford for the past few years I had no doubt that he would do great, even for an old man, with a bad back and one leg shorter than the other and....

Great job Bud, you deserve it!

Scott

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hybels View Post
    was a gap and Merrill went for it. Looked like there was some sand on the curb.
    That's being generous!

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

You can see his car break lose right as he approaches the apex. Unfortunate for both cars. I'm not sure it was the move to make on lap one, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Yeah, he did get squirelly on some dirt there but I think he straightened out well before contact. He just got closed down on since he was so far back. Hard to be really certain from the video though.

I thought they cleaned the track between sessions? One of the reasons for long downtime between each session. The track does look clean, except for that one spot, doh!

I can tell you I went to a NASA national at MMP a few years back and, just like they do here regionally, the sessions run back to back with no extra time in the schedule. The track was absolutely disgusting on the out lap. I mean Miller gets dusty, sure, but this was bad. Pit exit / track out was basically a gravel trap. Way to ruin an event.

Liked: 822

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Valet View Post
    You can see his car break lose right as he approaches the apex. Unfortunate for both cars. I'm not sure it was the move to make on lap one, but hindsight is always 20/20.
    I also question the 'desirability' of attempting that pass on lap 1.. however, from Chuck's onboard, it seems to me that Kautz shut the door .. didn't leave enough room on the inside - also not a good move on lap 1, unless you are truly CLEAR. Great drive from Tim to make it all the way back to 5th. A shame for Thomas to end his race so early.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Looks to me like he lost traction just before Tim turned in, and couldn't back out of it. Kind of a combination of aggresive driving and bad luck. He couldn't pull back, Tim didn't know he couldn't brake or back off, both a bit more aggresive than they wish they'd have been now. Unfortunate for all, including us watching. It would have been awsome to have those guys in the fight till the end.
    BTW: I wonder whta it does to the motor, lap after lap, when the cars fall over that cliff in the entry to the corkscrew? Man, the over-rev sounds painful!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
    That's being generous!
    Yep!!!

Liked: 490

Default P-2

Great job Chuck!
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 58

Nice to see Stan Townes drop 2 seconds from his qualifying time to be the hard charger. Never been a nicer or more devoted guy. He invited 2 late arriving fv cars to share his pit area and a week with Stan was a treat.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 74

Default Stan

That was Stan's 36th Runoffs according to an announcement at Laguna. That is a truly amazing thing.
    I was told Stan has not been feeling well for a while but he obviously rallied during the race and got the "Hard Charger Award." What a guy.
    Hybels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information