Liked: 232

Default I apologize in advance

.... if this seems like an overly proud dad, but I would like to publicly acknowledge the Eastern Conference Major's Champion in Formula F - Jason Generotti

The Plan: In November of last year Jason and I mapped out our plan for 2014 - First - (as is every year) to race at a new track/see some historical site(s) on the way, [Watkins selected for this year/side trip to Gettysburg] Second - And our far reaching goal was to finish in the top five in Formula F - a lofty goal no doubt for a 1985 db-1 Swift Kent - bought by me in 1986 when Jason was 1 1/2 (see pic when he was 2).

The Schedule/Results: The first BFG Super Tour Race was in January at Sebring and a 3rd in the Sunday race was a great start - a second and a third at PBIR was followed by a strategic rain race at Road Atlanta - where a last to third (late to the grid - change to rains) was his Second BFG Super Tour podium. Wow - we looked and Jason was in first place in Points !

Our plan for Watkins Glen took a little sideways turn due to the passing of my mom and he missed the opening day but after a few sessions again he got close and it was his third BFG Super Tour podium with a second.

Mixed with some other very good Saturday finishes (we never did get that Majors win), this past Saturday we traveled to Summit Point for the award celebration. Not the level of the F1600 Championship, but a Championship nonetheless. A proud moment for me, a sense of accomplishment for him after a year of hard driving the 'ole sled, always pushing like hell on every lap, never, and I mean never giving up!

Sunday? We skipped the race went to the Air & Space Museum, then WWII Memorial (took pics of the remembrance to my Dad's battles as engraved in granite) walked along the Mall and reviewed the year, a quite snack together, a warm hug at the airport then home.

Special Thanks - Jason and I would like to give greats thanks to:

Sandy and Erik at Quicksilver RacEngines,
    .... consummate professionals who build simply the BEST RacEngines ever;

Eric, Brent and the entire staff at Competition Tire South/Goodyear Tires -
    .... all of our races this year were on Good~Years

A special thanks to the late Guy Church, a friend of mine for 32 years for believing in Jason and for his support early in Jason's career; he helped give Jason memories he will never forget.

And most of all to Debbie Generotti, who understood our passion giving her full support.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 852

Very cool! As a (much) younger dad with 10 and 6 year old karters, it's a touching story!

(And I'll do my best to put some whoop on the boy when we meet again!!)

Congrats!
    Garey
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

ej

who is that guy standing next to the car?

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Congratulations!
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 84

Congrats Jason!
    who's that skinny guy next to the car?
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default Congrats

Way to go Jason. Now it all makes sense, EJ sneaking the Spectrum in at the 'trade deadline'.

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    ej - who is that guy standing next to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    Congrats Jason! who's that skinny guy next to the car?
    Ok Fla guys - the FtLau comedy club on US 1 has open mike Fridays - see you there LOL !!!

You see - things in life are cyclical and I am preparing for a return to the 'ole cycle -

In the 50s' - tires were skinny and drivers well ... robust

Commencing in the late 60s tire got fatter and drivers skinner

Now in the 'teens - FF tires are going skinny so .... I am ahead of the curve.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4303

Nice job guys!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Father & Son Racing at it's Best ! Great Racing ! Great Memories ! Kudos !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 501

Congrats, and a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Liked: 973

Pretty cool! Congratulations!

Liked: 667

Kudos to both of you! Glad you dropped in on RR on your way north!
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 157

EJ and Jason, congratulations to both of you. No offense to your competitors, but I love it when the "good guys" win.

Liked: 101

I just stumbled across this post, way to go Jason and EJ! See you next season!

Liked: 586

Congrats Jason! ......and Go Knights too.

Liked: 3772

I had the usual "too much fun" trying to interview the Dangerous Cargo family at Barber last weekend.

Jason does have a real job. He has earned a degree in engineering and works in the advanced arms industry, something about intelligent bombs, fortunately on our side. I'd say more about it, but then I would be blown up.

Butch brought Hayward and I a hand written note to the press box during Saturday's race. "It's pronounced Gen-er "road" ee, get it right." Regardles they had about the worse luck of the weekend.

Default But .....

Despite our luck, we had very good results ALL year so ...(defective water temp sensor/Sat when 3rd - third on the grid Sun. Hit in the head with crashed nose then under the wheel no brakes spun last to sixth)

However, single class racing, excellent color from FROG as well as excellent play by lap by Hayward both making the commentary terrific for those fans/family/friends, the museum and a great track, we were still happy to be there - and can't wait for Butch K. to give out the awards to those few drivers who participated in the 40th 45th and the 50th (there might be one or two who raced in the 30th and/or the 35th as well. Hey Butch - how about a single class at the ARRC.

FF1 (full pushrods cars). FF2 (full rocker cars). FF3 (one inboard configuration) CFF (all outboard configuration) FFV (pre-197?) and ALL on R60's (FFVs on Dunlop)a and trophies Only for first place after FF1 to keep the cost down.
    Last edited by Swift17; 08.17.14 at 4:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

Liked: 69

Default Wow

Congratulations! Winning the Majors Championship was the best thing to happen to me as a driver. I hope it has the same effect on Jason.

Meg Sauce
    SowDiv FF10

Thread Information