Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

Default FF event in Colorado (High Plains Raceway)

Just a note to let you know that contemporary FFs are invited to our August 2-3 Charity Event featuring an all FF grid.

Here's an ApexSpeed thread with more background on this cool event held at High Plains Raceway in Colorado, a track you'll really love:
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57108

You've probably been watching several other threads on the RMVR Race Against Kids' Cancer (RAKC) elsewhere on ApexSpeed.
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64254
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57108
    This is just a reminder that all FFs are invited! Last year we had a grid of 39 FFs and hope to equal or top that this year. This is a fun event and a chance to race High Plains Raceway, a very cool circuit. If you've been considering entering, the late fees start next Wednesday, July 23rd. So..... get 'er done. Cheers and thanks,
    Bob Alder, RAKC Event Chair r.alder@earthlink.net for questions.

P.S. Many, many thanks to Reid Hazelton for all his amazing fund raising efforts. Not only has he been a rockstar at raising money, he will be there racing.

Heck of a weekend!

Forty-four FFs were entered for our featured FF run group. It included Vintage thru Modern (including Kephart's ultra-modern car). Thirty were still running (or hadn't left early to travel home as many did) for Sunday's last race grid.

In another run group, David Irwin promoted a turnout of some 13 FB cars! Three came from Conn. They ran with some FSVs and the sport racers. Then the FVs in another run group had 20+ cars. So, we had 85+ formula/SR cars in three run groups. (Oh, there was also two production car run groups.)

And, most importantly we raised over $130,000 for our charity soundly trouncing our goal of $87,000.

More details to follow.

I should have mentioned a huge shout-out to Reid Hazelton. You may have seen his efforts to tap into the ApexSpeed community. His gambits raised over $6,500. Absolutely amazing! Many thanks to Reid's out-of-the-box thinking, those that donated things to his effort, and to the ApexSpeed community for helping. ApexSpeed is a rockstar.

Liked: 20

Default Event photos

Robert were there any photographers taking picture during the weekend? This was only the 2nd race I missed of Reid's entire career and some photos would make it feel like I didn't miss everything. Thanks, Bruce

We regularly have a couple of pro photographers at our events and they'll put the photos up on their websites probably in the next week. I'll try to remember to post here when they do. Also, RMVR's member and publisher of the program and poster designer, William Taylor, was taking a lot of photos. So, yes, there are photos which will become available and I'll keep your inquiry in mind.

Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J. Alder View Post
    We regularly have a couple of pro photographers at our events and they'll put the photos up on their websites probably in the next week. I'll try to remember to post here when they do. Also, RMVR's member and publisher of the program and poster designer, William Taylor, was taking a lot of photos. So, yes, there are photos which will become available and I'll keep your inquiry in mind.

Result sheets? Who got to write on Reid with a sharpie?

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Default Pic of Reid at the RAKC

Bruce-

Tell Reid to check his Facebook messages. Patty (my wife) sent him a picture to share with you. (I'd post it here but technology won't cooperate. Aaaarrgh)

Steve

BTW, it was an honor to share the track with him, as well as the other 40+ FF drivers. What a great weekend, and the Kids were the real winners. $137K raised.

Only one driver "earned" the right to write on Reid's face, he declined as he felt that were Reid not in an unfamiliar car on an unfamiliar track, the result would be different. And, Reid did post the fastest FF lap of the weekend. No surprise there!
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by racingflyboy View Post
    Bruce-

Tell Reid to check his Facebook messages. Patty (my wife) sent him a picture to share with you. (I'd post it here but technology won't cooperate. Aaaarrgh)

Steve

BTW, it was an honor to share the track with him, as well as the other 40+ FF drivers. What a great weekend, and the Kids were the real winners. $137K raised.

Only one driver "earned" the right to write on Reid's face, he declined as he felt that were Reid not in an unfamiliar car on an unfamiliar track, the result would be different. And, Reid did post the fastest FF lap of the weekend. No surprise there!

Thread Information