Liked: 5

Wanted To Buy 1996 Van Diemen FC Slave Cylinder

Does anyone know of a source for the slave cylinder barrel fon a 1996 Van Diemen FC? What I refer to the barrel is the component that is held in the bell housing assembly with the two 10-24 button head screws. It functions as the cylinder for the slave cyldinder piston. I've spoken with Taylor and Primus and neither has this part. I've been told there might be some in England, but want to try all possible sources Statewide first. The component is aluminum and was manufactured on a CNC lathe, which may be an alternative if worst comes to worst.

Any help would be appreciated.

Liked: 49

Default Recomendation

Medina Sport spares in England will have it for sure. I got a whole new assembly for my 94 from them and service is fast and shipping not too expensive. You might want to talk to the owner (John, I think) about exactly what you have and he will sort it out.

Liked: 283

After going through some of those parts (and finding them unavailable) in my VD S2 (same parts at 94/95 VD FC/FF cars), I switched over to the Tilton annular release bearing, and it's been working great, and parts are available!
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 121

David, could you please elaborate on what all is involved in that conversion?

Default R 96 Van Diemen Slave Cylinder

Thanks all for the info.

Dave, echoing Nardi's question, could you provide some details on the Tilton conversion. I didn't think there was enough room in the housing for the Tilton unit. Thanks for any details you can provide.

v/r Chris

Liked: 20

CJD, is the 96 the same as the 94-95?

I have a clutch slave in the classifieds...
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64589

Default VD Slave

ewcmr2

Sent you a pm.

Thread Information