Liked: 600

Default GLC Series races # 8 & 9

The GLC series for Ford powered FC and CFC will next be at Mid-Ohio, August 30 & 31. As usual with this series, we expect a good number of cars and thus, competition for everyone.
    Series points
    The top three per class after three race weekends (6 races), not including any possible drops, is as follows.

FC
    Rob Allaer
    Carlos Franca
    Chris Bargman

CFC
    David Rock
    Curtis Easterling
    Bruce MacDonald

I would like to thank all the SCCA regions, racing organizations, KFP Magnum, Lee Johnston's Motorsport Tire, Hoosier and numerous individuals for there continued support.

Keith Averill
    GLC Series points and awards chairman.
    glc.series@racing-stuff.com

Default GLC at Mid-Ohio

Thank you for your support for the GLC series races for FC and CFC , at Mid-Ohio, Aug 30-31, presented by Ohio Valley Region SCCA.
    Congratulation to Rob Allaer for, not only his win on Saturday, but lowering the club track, FC record to 1:26.019. On Sunday he ran the "Pro" course at 1:25.060 during the morning qualifing race (once again under that record), but had to leave for his home in Florida before the (last race of the day) "Wings and Things" race.
    And to Tim Gaffney, who lowered the "Club" course CFC record, while on to his class win, on Saturday, 1:28.485.
    Our next series race is Sept. 27-28 at Waterford Hills, MI.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Default GLC races #9 #10

Just a little over a week until the FC & CFC season finale for the GLC series at Waterford Hills, Sept 27-28.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 19

Default I'm In

The cylinder head has been repaired and the car's back in one piece, so I'll be there. Weather looks great. Sunny and 70's.

Liked: 127

Default Looks like fun!

Sorry I'm going to miss it fellas! Looks like another big field and you all know Waterford is my favorite place... The best bang for the buck in racing, that's for sure!

Have fun, be safe and go fast! See you guys next year!

Rob Allaer
    FC #52

Default GLC Series

Rob,
    Sorry we have this date conflict.
    We will miss you this weekend.
    Best of luck while out there on the West Coast.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Just test fired the Reynard. I have a slight lower rod knock or piston slap. Sounds to me like the big end. I have no idea how much time is on this engine. My missed upshot at BIR didn't help it. I can't risk the races at Waterford this weekend. I'll have to make the trek East next year to come join the fun.

When I get it torn down, I'll ship the trans to Keith for a rebuild. No telling what he may find. I'll be doing new wheel bearings, drive pins, etc. this winter. I'm going to have to put new paint on her, too. Y'all run some nice looking cars out there

Please be sure to send me next years schedule as soon as it's finalized. I've got to come run with you guys & gals just to see how fast (or slow) I really am.

Once the schedule is set, perhaps I can keep the car nearby between race weekends.
    It's a shame so few run up at BIR. Truly an awesome track & management. Time to start saving for the tow fund.
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Default GLC Races

Kirk,
    Sorry to hear about your engine woes. We were all hoping to see you this weekend.
    Because you are in our database, we will keep you up to date on the GLC series happenings for 2015.
    We look forward to you're join us in GLC series races next year.

Keith Averill
    GLC Series points and awards chairman

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

The GLC Series has become my search for the Holy Grail

I'm certainly disappointed, yet thankful that I resisted the temptation to run it anyway. Not my usual M.O.
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Thread Information