Liked: 0

Default F500 KBS MK8.5 Rotax 493.Full Race Ready

F500 KBS MK8.5 Rotax 493.Full Race Ready w/Chassis modified for larger driver
    Extra Wheels, Extra Rains, Log books, Ready to Race. Car is a Blast!

Located in Richmond, IL $6700

Dan Sowinski
    312-339-3939

DSowinski@mcdsi.com

Default the car

Quote Originally Posted by DSowinski View Post
    F500 KBS MK8.5 Rotax 493.Full Race Ready w/Chassis modified for larger driver
    Extra Wheels, Extra Rains, Log books, Ready to Race. Car is a Blast!

Located in Richmond, IL $6700

Dan Sowinski
    312-339-3939

DSowinski@mcdsi.com
    what was the drivers hight/weight?

Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Someone. Buy this and USHIP it to New England!!

Default 8.5 FS

Is the racecar still up for sale?

Dave

Default Still for Sale?

Scca logbook current. Will it fit 5'6" 220 lb driver?

Please email me at babygrand911@gmail.com

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by riderosa View Post
    Scca logbook current. Will it fit 5'6" 220 lb driver?

Please email me at babygrand911@gmail.com
    Every F500 I've been in (both Red Devils & KBS's) would fit a 5' 6" driver no problem - you'd probably need to move the pedals, but moving the pedals forward is generally pretty easy. Alternatively you can just make a thicker seat insert and slide yourself forward if needed.

The 220lb part might be more an issue. I'd suggest staying away from Red Devils (they always seem pretty narrow to me) - the later KBS's seem a bit larger to me, and the Novakars are downright bench seats by comparison. In general though I've found that people who are bigger up top (sholders, etc.) seem to have a bigger issue fitting than guys who just like their beer.

Liked: 5

Except for the main frame rails (and even then it is possible) everything in the cockpit
    can be moved to fit your body - I am 6'3" and 270lbs - and I moved everything except the main frame rails as they were already wide enough for me. Have a professional race shop do this if you either do not have the tools and/or knowledge. So, find the car that fits you the best and has the least items to be moved. Learn all you can before you spend the money.

Jim

Liked: 224

I sold this car to Dan, the current owner. It was originally Rust Cook's car, so it will fit a very large driver. At my highest weight (210 lbs), it fit me fine.

Regarding the size of Red Devils, the cockpit in the 1997-2002 Red Devil chassis is HUGE. At my highest weight, I was swimming in my 1997 and 2001 Red Devils. That series of Red Devil would be a great choice for a large driver. The newer Red Devils have much narrower cockpits.

Cory

Liked: 14

I am 5'6" on a day when I am feeling tall!!! No problem with KBS or Invader. Pedals are easy to move up. Not sure about the width. I am 155 lbs and shoulders were a little snug in the KBS and comfortable in the Invader. Mike Q made the Invaders a little wider around the shoulder area (at least that is what he told me). I sat in a Red Devil before I purchased my car and felt like there was plenty of room.

Default Still for sale?

Is this car still available?

Thread Information