Liked: 280

Default DUFFUS entrants & cars

Hi,

I believe that it was Jonathan Hirst who suggested that we begin to posts showing what was going to be driven in the DUFFUS this year. I have attached a picture of my new Royale RP24 to get this going.

In the interests of full disclosure I will tell you that this photograph is not accurate. The chassis is actually leaning up against the wall of the shop while I am working on Dave Harmison's RP21.

Joe Marcinski
    Royale RP24 (well, at least enough parts to make one)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 157

Joe, I am no expert but I dont think your car is ready to race yet.

Best of luck with the restoration, cant wait to see it when it is done.

Liked: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Valet View Post
    Joe, I am no expert but I dont think your car is ready to race yet.

Best of luck with the restoration, cant wait to see it when it is done.
    Looks like Joe is sponsored by High Points Basket Cases. Can't wait to see it finished

Jason

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marcinski View Post
    .............while I am working on Dave Harmison's RP21.

Joe Marcinski

What I can't believe is somebody ELSE is working on Daves' car

Don't make it too pretty, it might slow her down, I think she's used to being ridden hard......
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

BTW, Joe, here is what we will be racing in 2014 when we race with the DUFFUS:

Yes, we have finally bitten the bullet!

Liked: 79

All being well I hope to turn up with this, we've got a lot to do yet and the shop is flat out, we'll make it at some point though!!

Lee
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by WRD View Post
    All being well I hope to turn up with this, we've got a lot to do yet and the shop is flat out, we'll make it at some point though!!

Lee
    Mondiale! I have a rear rocker for that car if you ever need one. 89?

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Should be at M-O
    Last edited by ric baribeault; 09.18.16 at 1:29 PM.

Liked: 127

I literally have not touched or even seen my car since the NARRC runoffs weekend in September...between school and lots of business travel, haven't gotten a single thing accomplished. Talk about major withdrawal.

Hopefully next month I'll be able to break it out of the cover and get to my winter maintenance.

Already looking forward to Mid-Ohio though.

-Will
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Quote Originally Posted by BURKY View Post
    Mondiale! I have a rear rocker for that car if you ever need one. 89?
    Yep, I'll probably need it at some point!!

It is an 89 with, I think, 93 Bodywork.

Yep, I'll probably need it at some point!!

It is an 89 with, I think, 93 Bodywork.
    I had a 87, sold it to a guy that's making it a land speed racer. I will send you pics of the rocker. Some how, I ended up with a couple of 89 bits.

Haha, yeah, we've been contacted by him for some gearbox parts for it!!!! A Belly Tanker Mondiale, What is the world coming to!!

Haha, yeah, we've been contacted by him for some gearbox parts for it!!!! A Belly Tanker Mondiale, What is the world coming to!!
    Yep, that's him...

Hey Tom,

Perhaps "ordered the sushi" would be more appropriate?

Joe M.
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 01.22.14 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added quotation marks

Basket case.............funny you should mention that. I did get quite a few milk crates with parts in them. I cannot show you the pictures because they all have a warning on them that says "unauthorized possession will be prosecuted".

Joe M.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default No pictures

Will - not sure if you are in better shape then me or not. I took the car all apart and started to fix up the body work. And have been too busy with work and travel to do anything since early December. So now I have a car all apart (hence no pictures) with body work that is a mix of primer, bondo, fiberglass, and various sanding colors.

I did go out to the garage over the weekend and looked at it for a few minutes to try and remember where I was at. I have a To Do list somewhere. I guess the first thing to do is find that list if poeple would stop burning things, freezing up there pipes, etc.

Ed

Liked: 207

Default Vintage FF

Alexis Mk14
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Liked: 78

Do not mind all the junk in the garage... I will be racing my DB1 after some much needed winter updates. The Z10 in the picture belongs to my buddy Milke. Joe I am going to need your help to convince him to come out and play. I think you have a better chance of running into him in your neck of the woods...

But Derek,

He told us we were no longer allowed to go to Texas Steakhouse because his new girlfriend works there..... I think he is embarrassed by us! I'm not sure why. I think he is worried that we might bring the tongue puppets and pop one on her when she tries to take our order...... You know you spend a little time with Frank DelVecchio and it all goes wrong!

Maybe if we all wore Boston Celtics tee shirts and those little leprechaun hats; she might think we were Irish and then she would understand and it would be okay.

Just put both cars in the trailer and tell him there are people in Ohio with bears or deer or squirrels that they want stuffed!

Joe M.

Liked: 19

Ok guys lighten up or I might just have to come out and trade some paint!!!!

Liked: 78

If anyone is looking for a car to rent for DUFFUS. I may have a red Zink Z10C available. Just make sure that you pay in cash. Mike no more trading paint for you!!! We are not building another car.

Liked: 313

Remarkable, isn't it? I am having to spend the whole off season in Phoenix for work (boy I miss the -2 degree days in Detroit) so yes, I am having Joe prep my car for me. It has to come out looking better than when I prep it.

So that said, Jason, Marc, you guys are both in, RIGHT?

Marc, bring all the MidWest Council crowd. I know it's a long way, but it will be worth it.

Is Gordy Good going to bring the Lotus he's putting together?

I think Wes Allen is in, but I haven't heard from him directly recently. Chuck Baden thinks Mike Neylon might come out of retirement. Anybody seen Mike and want to push him along?

If you don't make it to the DUFFUS you'll regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    Will - not sure if you are in better shape then me or not. I took the car all apart and started to fix up the body work. And have been too busy with work and travel to do anything since early December. So now I have a car all apart (hence no pictures) with body work that is a mix of primer, bondo, fiberglass, and various sanding colors.

I did go out to the garage over the weekend and looked at it for a few minutes to try and remember where I was at. I have a To Do list somewhere. I guess the first thing to do is find that list if poeple would stop burning things, freezing up there pipes, etc.

Ed
    Ed,

I guess I'm in better shape than you, as I have a car that I could go out and race tomorrow, but being a neatnick/OCD, I feel that I'm so far behind and unprepared that it's starting to keep me up at night!
    Will Velkoff

BTW, Joe, here is what we will be racing in 2014 when we race with the DUFFUS:

Yes, we have finally bitten the bullet!
    Tom,

You guys will be running DUFFUS and not the Pro Series next year? Or both?
    Will Velkoff

Hi Will,

We will be doing a little of everything this year, since we still cant commit to a full season. Bill started a new job this week and still has night school. Also would like to get Dennis in a car more often. So we will do some Pro races, some club races and whatever else looks interesting.

We had a great time running with Joe down at Summit, so we will try to make some DUFFUS races for sure.

Take care.

Tom

Liked: 195

I am considering renting a CF for the DUFFUS Mid Ohio race. Can't post a picture of the car yet because I haven't found one! To be fair, I haven't really looked hard yet either.

Hi Will,

We will be doing a little of everything this year, since we still cant commit to a full season. Bill started a new job this week and still has night school. Also would like to get Dennis in a car more often. So we will do some Pro races, some club races and whatever else looks interesting.

We had a great time running with Joe down at Summit, so we will try to make some DUFFUS races for sure.

Take care.

Tom
    Sounds fun, looking forward to seeing you guys out this year!
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 64

Hi Dave! Yes I'm alive and well and plan to run with you guys. Here's a couple pics of the Merlyn. It will have a new bellypan. A new Farley engine and WRD rebuilt gearbox. In the background is my Eagle FF project. I hope to finish it as well this winter.
    Enjoy!

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Hi Will,

Take care.

Tom
    Maybe the Mid Ohio weekend you could have both boys in the same car & one run the Pro event & the other run DUFFUS. That would be interesting!
    Steve Bamford

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Maybe the Mid Ohio weekend you could have both boys in the same car & one run the Pro event & the other run DUFFUS. That would be interesting!
    Notice he said A car and not THE car.

I have about 50 lbs to lose before I fit in the DB-6. The Fiancee wants to take engagement photos this summer, so maybe her whipping me into shape will have the unintended side effect of making me skinny enough to drive the damn DB-6.

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Allen View Post
    Hi Dave! Yes I'm alive and well and plan to run with you guys. Here's a couple pics of the Merlyn. It will have a new bellypan. A new Farley engine and WRD rebuilt gearbox. In the background is my Eagle FF project. I hope to finish it as well this winter.
    Enjoy!

In typical Wes fashion they look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Valet View Post
    Notice he said A car and not THE car.

I have about 50 lbs to lose before I fit in the DB-6. The Fiancee wants to take engagement photos this summer, so maybe her whipping me into shape will have the unintended side effect of making me skinny enough to drive the damn DB-6.
    My thoughts exactly, I was saying to myself, no way in hell is Dennis fitting in the DB-6! Same for me though man, I wouldn't even attempt trying to get in one, in fear of having to be cut out!
    Will Velkoff

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Only problem is Dennis might be faster (if he loses that weight, hoho). When we were kart racing, Bill would race every race, Dennis would come only when he wasnt playing football, lacrosse, wrestling, roller hockey, etc etc, but when he decided to race he usually won.

On the other hand, I cant remember Bill ever crashing his kart, while Dennis, well lets just say I cant remember how many times he crashed. His very first time on the track another kart landed on top of him. Then there was the one and only time his mother came to a race and another kart launched over his rear tire and speared him in the head. I still havent heard the end of that one. Oh, and lets not forget the time he was showing off to his friends in his shifter kart on an open track day and he flipped and skidded upside down along the whole length of the back straight. I am pretty sure he still has the scars on his back from that one!

I think Dennis' racing hero must have been Gilles Villeneuve, that's how he drives. Fast and loose.

Liked: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Allen View Post
    Enjoy!
    Is that your new Spectrum in the way way background?
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

It occurred to me last night that my stories, while fun to tell, might be a little embarrassing to my kids. But hey, what are fathers for? So to be fair I just wanted to let everyone know that since moving up to "real" race cars, Dennis, while still winning races, I dont think has ever even put a scratch on any car he has driven.

Now Bill on the other hand....oops, there I go again...

Thread Information