Liked: 20

Default Final answer: Track vs Runoffs records

Finally I can finish this post from almost a year ago. According to Terry Ozment, SCCA Vice President, Runoffs records were always kept separate from track records because way back when the Runoffs were at Mid Ohio, they ran a different track configuration from what was used for National events. The practice continued even though it was not necessary at any other Runoffs track. She has assured me that going forward there will not be two listings.
    After I asked the initial question, I took the last 5 years Runoffs records and compared them to Road America's track records and updated them when necessary. Below is what was submitted to Terry and those faster Runoffs records are now on the CENDIV website with the exception of SSB and SSC. They are not correct but they have been notified.

As you can see in the spread sheet below the classes and current RA records are on top. Each year is on the left and the fastest times are all highlighted in red.
    There are only 2 RA records that would stand over Runoffs records.
    Records have been broken 51 times in the last 5 years.
    In 2009, 7 Runoffs records surpassed the existing RA track records.
    2010 saw the most records set with 16 Runoffs records beating the RA or previous Runoffs records; 5 of which are still fastest today.
    In 2011, 9 records were reset; 6 of which are still fastest.
    2012 saw 12 records broken and 11 of those are still the best today.
    In 2013, 6 bettered RA and previous Runoffs records and are fastest yet today.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information