Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default CART to drop Trans Am

It looks like our good buddy Steve Johnson is at it again with CART announcing they are dropping the Trans Am licensing deal. Perhaps it's time the "Club" got out of supporting Pro racing too and returned to it's original purpose. I would imagine we could afford to pay our workers if we got out of all of the non-club mis-adventures.

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Trans Am

Guess you didn't get the Memo. ChampCar announced that they were dropping TransAm last October. Probably want more Drifting?

Liked: 0

This change was done long before Steve. Champ Car is going to bring in Grand-Am proto-types and SPEED WC which make for fantastic racing. Also, don't be too judgemental about drifting, it draws a tremendous amount of fan and sponsorship support. It's very fun to watch.

Liked: 141

- and there are some that prefer rock'n'roll to a Haydn symphony.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by dereklola
    - and there are some that prefer rock'n'roll to a Haydn symphony.
    Arguably, both have their place.

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Drifting

I watched the Drifting at last years Long Beach and San Jose ChampCar races. I think it's another way to have fun with cars!! BUT-I would perfer to see more racing like F2000 and FBMW. That said I understand that to make money ChampCar has built a business plan to have "Events" that will bring in more than the true race fan. People who would go to an "Event" like San Jose are NOT the same people I was with at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago standing up at the top of the hill at the Corkscrew in a driving rain storm and 40 deg. weather (with SNOW on the hills) to see the A1-GP formula cars race! People in this country are to lazy to go anyplace that they can't see sports in livingroom comfort. NFL Football inside a Dome stadium?

Thread Information