Liked: 447

Default Live For Speed S2 Alpha

For anyone interested in the most realistic racing sim I have every tried, you should most definitely check out Live for Speed . There is a car called the FOX which is the closest comparison to FC (actually closer to a Formula Renault). It has decent PC requirements (1Ghz min with a decent 3D graphics card like an ATI Radeon 9600 or NVidia 5700 or better). As it usually goes though, the faster the PC, the better sim racing experience you'll have. With a racing wheel, this sim has all components which most others have been missing. It's still in it's Alpha stage and it's by far the greatest sim I've driven. When it is officially released, the tools to modify the sim are supposed to be released. The only two drawbacks I know of right now are fictitious tracks and fictitious (but real looking) cars.

1) Sense of speed - At the higher speed sections you get an progressive increase in wind noise which gives you the best sense of speed next to actually blowing air in your face.

2) Sense of braking pressure - Under braking your vision surges forward as if your body is still in motion and you are actually slowing the car and you're being held back by restraints

3) Force Feedback and Physics - This is the best physics and force feedback combination that I have ever played. You can feel the car begin to slip and then get away from you.

4) Data Acquisition and Analysis - You can go over every inch of track with data tools after you have run a race.

5) Great netcode - To provide a great online racing experience for up to 20+ drivers

6) Online statistics for everything you do when racing online

Below is the custom skin I made for when I race my FOX formula car.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

I should also mention all of the other major contenders that are out there right now for PC racing sims (besides the old favorites like NASCAR Heat, GPL, F1C, SCGT) if you would like to test them out.

rFactor

GTR

GT Legends

Netkar
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 0

I too think LFS is the best sim going, despite the "alpha" stage its the far most polished sim you'll find.

Here's another updated render made in 3D Studio... If you guys happen to pick up LFS, post your username here and I'll add you to my buddy list online so that I'll be notified when you're online. My username is Keith Carter.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Hey Keith -

I appreciate your comments about LFS. Its definitely got the "fun factor" that is so elusive. How would you compare the realism of the netKar Formula Renault to the Formula XR (Fox) in LFS? I'm really looking forward to the upcoming netKar Pro as well as the updates to the LFS S2 Alpha - it will be another great year for sim racers!

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi Rob,
    I haven't tried netKar out yet. I recently purchased rFactor though because of the NAGT mod coming out along with tracks like Road America, Mid Ohio, and Barber Park being available. LFS still has the better physics between the two (the F3 mod in rFactor) and I still can only drive from the first person's perspctive in LFS.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Hey Keith -

Here is the link to the free netKar demo. Its over a year old, but still very good.
    http://arse.speedgeezers.com/netkar/...9namiefull.exe

Numerous tracks are available nere:
    http://encio.altervista.org/Tracks/
    (they are classified as to whether they were authorized for multiplayer use)

More tracks and other goodies can be found here:
    http://www.van-den-hoogen.nl/nkchamp...u=championship

I'd love to hear your impressions of it.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by MoonNerd; 01.23.06 at 6:49 AM.

Liked: 11

That is too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter
    Here's another updated render made in 3D Studio... If you guys happen to pick up LFS, post your username here and I'll add you to my buddy list online so that I'll be notified when you're online. My username is Keith Carter.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Thread Information