Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sebring Nat.

Liked: 14

having been apart of the worst split start in history at summit point in 1996, i say shove splt starts where the sun dont shine. Story goes like this...FF,CF had 20 cars and was given a split start from the rest of the big open wheel cars. I take green in my FA( having just broken 13 year old overall track record day before) and set sail. Exit turn 8 and notice worker at station 9 waving yellow flag like his life depended on it. Turn out mine and the nack of the FF field life depended on it. As i crested the blind hill under the bridge I caught the back of the FF pace lap. Had i not seen the worker glnace back over his shoulder ( which he isnt supposed to do by the book) I wouldnt have had any reason to lift off. I was in lead no one could have spun in front....and i would have hit the back row at apx 140mph. BTW the entire FF, CF field was lapped before they finished their 1st racing lap. To hell with split starts. whats the point in qualifying if we are just going to rearrange the grid later anyways ?

And dont for one second blame any official for either of the pile ups at sebring. The responsibility lies with those that cant keep their cars pointing in the proper direction for more then 2 turns at one time. It really shouldnt catch anyone by surprise when the road narrows at the exit of T1. ITs not like they redesigned the track overnite. And if you constantly run out of talent over the bumps at 17 then perhaps you ought to slow the hell down.

alot of hard work by alot of people got flushed down the toilet at sebring. Not one bit of it was the fault of any official, but rather the fault of stubborn drivers.

Kevin
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 0

Hey John Robinson,

I didn't realise I accused anyone of anything. I simply stated my opinion .
    I also indicated that the formula car guys can have an influence on how an event can turn out. My opinion again. As for GR for president, if you are taking issue with that then you need to stop taking yourself quite so seriously. Hell, even the kid thinks THATS a good idea!

Liked: 0

Default Whoa!

Somebody told me at the track today something about "GR for President" on APEX speed??????

Not THAT's scary! But hey, there's worse than me that made it.

Thanks for the votes of "confidence"
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information