Liked: 7

Default Stack ST626 dash

I'm helping a friend of mine find the software for an old Stack ST626 dash. All the Stack dashes look the same, but this one is from a long time ago and has a stand-alone logger.

I've tried everyone under the sun and it's very difficult to find even one person that has the software. If it comes down to it we'll just replace it with an 8100 family system, but it would be nice to get the existing dash to work. It's not the best dash by far, but it will serve the current purpose.

Has anyone used to know of someone with an old stack dash that may have the software?

Thanks,
    -Chris
    Chris More
    Palo Alto, CA
    http://www.chrismore.com/

Liked: 3787

Call Ellen. 408-732-6606

Liked: 30

Default Stack question

Requesting entry into the PURPLE DATA BANK...

Can Ellen help with a Stack ST200/400 analog tach problem?

Thanks

DaveK

Not if it's the infamous Stack dead battery problem. If that's the problem, you have to send the unit to Stack USA in Atlanta, they send it on across the pond for a new battery, it comes back, and you pay $400 or so.

That little internal battery alone has created a few AIM customers.

Liked: 30

Default Stack

Chris, sorry about hijacking you thread...

Mike, If the tach is intermittent does that sound like the battery? It loves to work in the comfort of the shop but if we make it do any work at the track it quits...

Thanks

DaveK

Sounds like a loose connector. Or a break in the wire inside its insulation where you can't see it. Probably one that loosens when it warms up. It will check out rock solid when cold. Hard to find.
    Hopefully it's in your wiring and not inside the tach.
    Check how the tach achieves ground.
    Then check the circuit it receives the pulses through.

People looking at static cars parked in the garage many times don't realize how much loose or hanging wires swing around the same car at 2 Gs.

Liked: 238

My Stack was working intermittently for some time before it finally failed altogether. It was the battery. I sent it to Ellen who took care of everything (sending it on, etc.). Final cost was less than $200 although I can't remember exact cost ... it may have been closer to the $100 mark. I was surprised.

Jim
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Thread Information