Liked: 447

Default 2005 TRO Regional Series

Final points are up! Congrats to all the winners! I failed to qualify for the series since I didn't have 6 series races under my belt.

RESULTS
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 3

Me too! I never even expected to be in the running, so I only ran enough to keep my license.

At the bottom of that page, Scott mentions that he'd like ideas on how to make the series better.

"At this point the series needs input from the participants for 2006: How do you feel we should score the Series? Best 6? Count them all? 4 starts? 6 Starts? Starts don't matter only points do?"

Any ideas on how to make the series better, increase car counts, etc?

Just a few off the top of my head. May or may not be what he's looking for though.

1)Offer a contingency for 1st place (or maybe 1,2,3 positions) such as a free race entry for following season (3 races for 1st, 2 races for 2nd, 1 race for 3rd). Parts, cash or credit is also very welcome.

2)Count any single race weekends as double points events

3)Count series points for only those cars who have the TRO sticker on their car so that Runoffs and top National cars that drop down for a Regional weekend do not change the Regional series points

4)Count all starts. Why have a minimum if people are in the points?

5)?? Any others?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 0

6 starts must mean in each class participated in right?

Yes, I would believe that is what they intended. But you know what happens when you assume... Scott would be a better source.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 3787

You couldn't go wrong if you took some pointers from the most successful regional championship series in the US, the SARRC. Is a well proven formula.

http://www.sedivracing.org/#SARRC

Default TRO Series

Keith:

Bruce ran the last event. didn't run a TRO sticker (he ran to keep his license) and he did not get points, so I think that item is being addressed.

Cindy

Hi Cindy.
    On the ALL DRIVERS point standings it looks like Bruce was awarded 24 points.

http://scca-chicago.com/roadracing/i...ll_drivers.pdf
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Woo-hoo! Fourth in points, and first in number of starts. Is there a Gold Star Award for participation?

I'd like to take this fifteen minutes of fame to thank Mark Hutchison and John Norton for all their hard work and encouragement. Before I met these two, I never dreamed I'd get behind the wheel of a formula car.

Likewise, special thanks to the Lindstrands for their at-the-track emergency battery charging / carb cleaning / answering of endless questions.

Finally, a big thanks to everyone who posts on Apexspeed. I don't post very often, but I've put a lot of the information I find here to good use in the garage and on the track.

Looking forward to the summer of '06,
    Jon

Default Well............................

Keith,

Someone made a mistake 'cuz we didn't run a TRO because we didn't want the points.

Cindy

I don't think the decal matters. Most of the other guys like Victor and Kindsfater didn't have them either.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 26

Would it be OK if I combine the 23 points listed under John Morton Jr. with the 10 points listed John Norton Jr. to come up with 33? Just kidding. I'm looking for a smiley face icon here...

Just a few ideas:

-I think competitors should elect at the beginning of the season to run the series and put a sticker on the car. Cars with stickers qualify. After all, this is a fun series and stickers are advertising for the ones who have invested their time. I didn't have a sticker, however, knowing that the scoring was occurring at the last race gave me some additional incentive.

-No minimum race requirements just point totals.

-Cash/credit is always good but I don't want to ruin my amateur status...

-Credit for following events is a great idea. The little details on this one doesn't matter to me. I'd be thrilled to go to just one event and get in free!

Congratulations to all the guys who ran the series, especially Keith Carter and Jon Jeffords. Keith and the Carter family have been central to many Cendiv competitors and it was great to see Keith run some wicked fast times. With all that Jon Jeffords did to help keep Norton/Hutchison Motorsports I'm surprised he had time to gas up his car!

Congrats.

John

Thread Information