Liked: 0

Default Frog Sighting on Wind Tunnel

Just sitting here watching Wind Tunnel and just as Dave was closing the show, he told Mike's story. Mike and Apexspeed.com got props. Too Cool. I hope someone Tivo'd it so we can get copies.
    Marshall Aiken
    www.aikenracing.com

It will re-run 3-5am and 3-5pm Monday, if my on-screen guide is correct.

Default Don't miss the Frog on Speed !

Thanks for that Marshall and for leading and directing the Runoffs disaster relief project.

Major props to Dale Carter and Keith Carter for ApexSpeed and for donating their car.

Thanks to Dave Despain for telling the world there are a great bunch of guys at ApexSpeed.
    Warm and Fuzzy Warning ! You may experience an emotional response after hearing him tell the story.

Rob Poma

Liked: 229

Default smiles all around

Having missed the RO's for the first time in quite a few years I was proud of what my fellow apexspeed members had done. I left for Mont Tremblant wed morning after reading what had happened at MO in the morning. I was going crazy wondering what was going on down the road in Ohio when I realized my motel had a computer in the lobby for free surfing! I have to say what a fantastic group of people we have here. Last night I too watched wind tunnel and thought wow! Mike Eakin is even more famous than before, good for you. Brian.

Default windTunnel Copy

I'd sure like a copy. I don't get windTunnel.

Rick
    - Rick Kreiselman

Liked: 447

I recorded it last night on my ReplayTV and watched it this morning. Too cool!! When I get time, I'll clip the last 20 seconds of the show which is where Dave talks about Mike and ApexSpeed. It should be small enough to download.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 96

Thanks Keith, that would be great, I'd love to see it.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 286

Default Here is the clip

Tivo got this and iMovie and .mac published it:

http://homepage.mac.com/ferg/iMovieTheater24.html

Enjoy!
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 447

Awesome! Thanks Dave!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Great video! Thanks for posting the link.

Here's the frog muliing over the decision as to when he'll drive back to MO
    Last edited by rickk; 09.26.05 at 2:10 PM.
    - Rick Kreiselman

Liked: 1

Default True spirit of SCCA !CLUB! racing

Yall made my weekend.. I was looking foward to going up to MO and watch Mike race, see his family and all the Regional SeDiv crew that was coming up to help him out, but.... BAM he crashed and is out, But wait thanks to a lot of folks, he is back in!!
    Who is cooler, the Carters for giving Mike a car to race or all of yall on this site that put up the insurence $ ??? (now thats a + debate thats WORTH 10 pages) Yall are just great.

And now everyone knows how nice yall are thanks to a national TV plug!
    Last edited by Mark H; 09.26.05 at 7:13 PM. Reason: beer
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

That is soooooooo COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! How much did the website hits increase? Thanks again guys for the things you do for us!!!!!!!!
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Liked: 12

That is awesome!

I e-mailed Despain using the personal e-mail address I have for him, complete with the focused forum links and some photos, but didn't hear back. I'm glad that he had the chance to read it and use it on the show.

Al Craighead informed the Speed staff of the whole thing as well, and you guys will be thrilled with the coverage. They cut the TV show live and pump it through the media tower, so I've already seen the coverage. ApexSpeed.com got some BIG-TIME air time....especially at the start of the broadcast. We can't hear the audio, but I'm betting that its going to be great.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 95

Default Did you seen him Race???

I only got to watch a couple of races due to illness (yeah at the track) and I had to watch Froggy.

When he came around on the final lap - the whole grandstand stood and cheered. It was a sight to behold. It was obvious that everyone knew the storey and were pleased he was able to run and finish.

Now for the good part - OKAY - do we owe any money - from what I saw, he ran clean, clean, clean, but that does not mean we don't have to pay up.

APEXSPEED LET US KNOW - ITS THE ONLY WAY WE KNOW TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING, CONTINUING, AND GRACIOUS GENEROSITY.

We need to thank Frog too - his input on this site all season long from his initial regisitration (early) to ensure he got his number, thoughout th season was entertaining right through to his finisihing his first national race.

Lets hear from you soon about your thoughts on the race, the prerace week, and any other things (including the grieving) you want us to know.

We don't need to hear about the accident, cause we all know about it but we sure would like to hear from you about how it was out there otherwise
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Thread Information