Thread: Simpson Halon

Liked: 956

Default Simpson Halon

My Zink came with a Simpson Halon system. The cable actuator is mechanical push type.
    The bottle has a flexible siphon tube in it so it can be mounted in any position. I thought the Simpson systems were made by another company or were compatible with another brand. Is that true?

I plan to get this bottle inspected and recertified by a local fire system service shop.

I would like to find a spare bottle "just in case". If not I expect to buy another halon system.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 0

Default Halon

Contact Matt Reed S.P.A. fire systems...This guy will have what you need317-271-7941

Liked: 59

Dan
    I believe I still have the original Halon bottle that came in my Z-10. I replaced it years ago with a shorter one that fit behind the seat. I'll check to see if it's a Simpson and what the dimensions are. If it's a direct replacement, it might save you some money over new.

Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 956

Default Thanks

Todd, Eric,

Thank you both! That should get me started.

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 59

Hi Dan,
    I'm very sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Turns out the bottle wasn't made by Simpson. It is labeled "Keenan Mfg., Seattle, WA." It's 4 inches in diameter, about 19 inches overall height, - the bottle itself is about 15-1/2 inches tall. Contains Halon 1301. It was mounted just below the steering shaft on the Z-10, in a longitudanal manner. It has a large button on the top of it that you're supposed to smack in to discharge through the plumbing - it is not remotely activated.

If you need it you can have it - I'm just not sure how to get it to you with all of the HAZMAT restrictions these days.

Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Thread Information