Thread: June Sprints

Liked: 0

Default June Sprints

I'm kicking around the Idea of running at the June Sprints this year. Anyone else planning on going? I see FA is a split start with FC. Where would that leave us? I've never done a split start.
    Jason Mabee
    MiDiv Car FE #01

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!" - Elwood Blues

Liked: 3787

If you have never done the Sprints, go! It's the greatest single SCCA event. Great track. Greater hospitality.

Liked: 218

Jason, Craig and I will be there. This will be his first June Sprints. I've done it almost every year since 1989. Like the T-shirts say, "It's not just another race"
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

One of my all time favorite tracks too. Just like 'It's not just another race', the other shirt, and my favorite, is '4 miles of black lightening' best describes the place. Make sure you take him to Siebkins Saturday night to complete the initiation.

Liked: 4

Default Haul a FF from Ca to June Sprints

If anyone is going from the west coast and has room to take my FF let me know. TOny tajlab@sbcglobal.net

Liked: 141

Default Road America

Not the Sprints but some of you might like the story.

Friend of mine used to race FFs in the NE but gave up after breaking both legs. Some years later he decided to try the one Lap of America which as you know has two lap 'races' at many tracks across country - but no practice sessions. Having heard of the infamous 'kink' at RA - which every driver says he takes 'flat' - he was less than awe struck after his two laps but decided to inquire further.

"OK - you go round the long carousel, then the sharp right hander into the trees, then which one is the kink?"

"Err, Gord, that right hander IS the kink"

"Ooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!"

Unfortunately the stars and planets won't align for me this time around and I won't be able to go. I'll have to plan for next year now to make sure I can make the show. Have a great time guy's! On an unrelated note I am 99.999% sure I'm going to make my 1st USGP this year with some seasoned veterans. I'll have to start building my tolerance up now as my liver hasn't been tested in a while..
    Jason Mabee
    MiDiv Car FE #01

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!" - Elwood Blues

I went to the '03 USGP. Even though it rained it was still awesome. Amazing how fast the cars stop for turn one. Enjoy!
    Jeff Maddox

Nixon Motorsports
    www.Nixonmotorsports.com
    Motorsport Simulators
    www.motorsportsimulators.com

Liked: 23

Default Going to the June Sprints

I've been watching this thread for e few weeks, and decided to reply at this time. It looks like
    I'm going to the June Sprints, also. Jim Elder and Dolphin Motorsports are taking my car in their rig, and I plan to fly up from Florida.

I only see two things to be concened with. First, I've never been to Road America, and there are only two sessions available on the open test day. Secondly, I don't want to piss
    off the real Formula Atlantic guys. Starting in the back of the FA group, and a split start with
    the Formula Continentals should help. I would think that with the nature of a track like Road America, the race should be just about over by the time the leading Atlantics would start lapping me(us). With the new clutch/flywheel and injection pump, I've been able to pull Continentals in the high speed regimes, and this is a high speed track.

I'm asking anyone who is planning to go to reply, so we could get an idea of the numbers.

Liked: 218

I would hope the entrie for FSCCA (FA) break into double digits. With the split start it will be a while before the lead FC's catch the FSCCA's. I think with the upgrades we should turn high 17's. I think the fast FC's are turning 14's. The real Atlantic's are 02-04, so 10-15 seconds a lap faster, which means we'll see them go by on about lap 10 of 13. Our race will be 12 laps (FSCCA) as the winning FA will lap us for sure. Gotta run. Have an interview aabout our race team.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Thread Information