Liked: 0

Default Roebling Road Double SARRC

SEVEN ENTRIES! Well, that's good for the events I've been to. Hopefully as months go by 7 will be considered a poor turnout, but I was thrilled to see so many. Maybe we can beat 7 at VIR... Grand Course... equal playing field as no one has driven it yet.... Kind of a spec track for our spec cars... okay enough.

There were incredibly good starts (meaning no carnage) in both races. Actually, the entire weekend was very low damage. Even the spec Miatas got off to 2 starts without a turn 1 pile up (although they had some turn 2 issues on Sunday).

Met some great people this weekend and saw some 'old' friends too. (You figure out if 'old' relates to age or length of friendship on a case by case basis!).

You guys need to be looking out for Bill Hersher out of Florida. He moved up something like 13 spots on Saturday to finish second and qualified and finished first on Sunday (I guess having a 6 cyl. motor does help [tic]). When I spoke to him afterwards he said not to worry that he was just 'old and fat'... yeah - oooookay whatever. Reminded me of some advice I once received about being weary when told "I'm just a good ole boy you tell me what you think is fair". Consider yourself warned... REMEMBER--- BILL HERSHER -- FAST -- LOOKOUT.

Good to see Jim Justice, Wally Osinga (third on Sunday!!), Keith Field (SOB out qualified me on Sunday --- must be cheatin' [tic]), Adam Zerlin is picking up FSC like an up and comer with a great race on Saturday. Chet wrasled him out of the cockpit for Sunday's race though and put in a strong showing also.

I'm not sure who was second on Sunday, actually I only know Bill and Wally's finish (not even my own). If someone picked up a race sheet please fax it to me at 919-845-4074.

Looking forward to next time. BTW, the SEDIV points are getting interesting.

Jeff

Liked: 0

oh...

five 'real' Formula Atlantics.

Liked: 59

Default Double SARRC weekend

My compliments to the FS drivers last weekend. I was driving the FC #36.

Had a lot of fun racing you guys. Saturday I spent a few laps following, leading, and following again, Wally. Great job! Sunday spent much of the race trading positions with a white FS. Tried to find the driver after the race to say thanks for a fun time but couldnt locate him after we were released from impound.

For me, I saw a lot of courtesy, respect for other drivers, and racing room the whole weekend from all of the formula car drivers. Thanks again!

Liked: 1

Hey Jeff,

My Dad was the one who finished second on Sunday. When he gets back from Phoenix I'm sure he'll post his story. His alternator didn't charge the battery during qualifying so Kevin had to give him a jump start, and if he stalled on the grid... I'll let him tell it though.

I had a lot a fun this past weekend. The car is amazing! I'd love to make it to VIR but I don't think we'll be able to do it. We are shooting for Charlotte at the end of May though.

Bill, I believe the white FSCCA you're referring to was Jim Justice. I'm pretty sure he was the only white FSCCA out there.

Thread Information