Liked: 0

Default New safety head & neck device

http://lfttech.com/

doesn't look comfortable for open wheel cockpits but it is an option. Anyone seen it at PRI or anywhere else?

Liked: 3

I didn't see them at PRI (were they there? ). Any word on pricing? I hate to call with just a "fishing" question like that.

Liked: 447

I can't see it being that much cheaper than a HANS since they're both made out of carbon fiber and will most likely have the same costly process to produce them. This looks like theres even more material. Unless it is at least a several hundred cheaper than a HANS system, I can't see someone in our cars choosing that over a HANS. It will be interesting to see an unbiased party do a 'head to head' comparison. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

$895

I did not go to PRI. I was asking if anyone saw it first there to see their opinion of it.

Liked: 120

The thing looks painful!

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default Head and neck safety device

this is designed by the same guy that designed the Hutchens.
    I talked to them at the PRI and they have some good points to make.

It looked to me that it would not be too comfortable in a reclining driving position, but should be OK for an upright car.

Perhaps they could make them with an angle to accomodate reclining seating positions.

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Boy if the NASCAR guys think that a HANS makes getting in and out a pain wait till they see this thing!

It appears to me that the portion of the device that follows the spine downward would create a fulcrum against the seat back resulting in side to side body motion in high g turns..... At the very least it seems that youd need to pour a new seat to accommodate your new 'hunch back'.
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Liked: 3

True Gary, but that could be a good thing -- I've poured a few "slouch" seats that made my spine curve like a wilted vine. This would at least force me to have decent posture while the seat sets up.
    (BTW, the last couple of seats I've done I forced myself to keep a decent spinal posture while the seat hardened, and my back feels much better.)

Hmmmm. Maybe one could wear the thing all the time to keep our mothers/wives/kids from telling us to stand up straight The newly poured 'hunch back accommodating' seat may have some merit too...where the device keys into the seat just so, locking you in laterally... sort of like a turtle on a suction cup. Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Liked: 30

Default R3 Restraint

Has anyone been able to get any more info about this system? Like others have mentioned it looks like it may not work (fit) in a formula car and LFT Tech has not seen fit to answer my two e-mails. Not very good customer service...

Thread Information