Thread: Pri 2022

Liked: 76

Default Pri 2022

Anyone going to PRI please stop by the BrakeOmeter booth 1214 and say hello.
    butch deer

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 530

Got one on my dash. Great product.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 300

Just looked at my December issue of the PRI mag The Shop and right there on page 20 is a story that says membership to PRI is needed to get into the show. So if you plan on showing up at the door and getting in like so many racers have in the past, you might be in for a surprise.

I have attend off and on over the years in different locations and didn't find out until after the wife had a hotel reservation for us. Fortunately she was able to cancel. So have fun.

Ed

Liked: 995

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Womer View Post
    Just looked at my December issue of the PRI mag The Shop and right there on page 20 is a story that says membership to PRI is needed to get into the show. So if you plan on showing up at the door and getting in like so many racers have in the past, you might be in for a surprise.

I have attend off and on over the years in different locations and didn't find out until after the wife had a hotel reservation for us. Fortunately she was able to cancel. So have fun.

Ed
    You can join for $40. Nothing different other than they are gouging people for $40.

Liked: 69

With industry shows as a whole decreasing in popularity and attendance...seems trying to grab $40 from each attendee might be ill advised. I understand the effort to keep"non-industry" attendees to a minimum, but I too decided to pass this year. Wil be curious to hear how those their saw the floor traffic.
    Craig Butt

Liked: 605

Default Stealth

There is a guy - who has become famous for it....(so it's getting tougher for him) - that has crashed the gate (without a ticket) to the last many many SuperBowls.
    One of his ideas years ago was..........get a pair of black pants, a white long sleeve shirt, a black bow-tie, a big aluminum platter..........and a whole bunch of glazed donuts spread out and heaped up across the platter. He walks up to the Service Gate with no ID and holding the platter up high on one hand/arm.........and says to the guy checking IDs.....> "out of the way, we can't let 'em get cold"....and just barges by the gate people.....and gets into the SuperBowl!
    PRI would be no problem for him I'd bet.
    When the show was held in Orlando I got in on less................

Contributing Member CheckeredFlag's Avatar
    Liked: 118

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    There is a guy - who has become famous for it....(so it's getting tougher for him) - that has crashed the gate (without a ticket) to the last many many SuperBowls.
    One of his ideas years ago was..........get a pair of black pants, a white long sleeve shirt, a black bow-tie, a big aluminum platter..........and a whole bunch of glazed donuts spread out and heaped up across the platter. He walks up to the Service Gate with no ID and holding the platter up high on one hand/arm.........and says to the guy checking IDs.....> "out of the way, we can't let 'em get cold"....and just barges by the gate people.....and gets into the SuperBowl!
    PRI would be no problem for him I'd bet.
    When the show was held in Orlando I got in on less................
    I was at PRI yesterday and at one door, the security person was chatting away with an attendee while scores of folks just walked right past without being checked. That's one way to do it.
    Dean Fehribach
    Car owner: SCCA Enterprises FE2 chassis #037.
    Car owner: 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Autocross STU

Thread Information