Liked: 4

For Sale 1975 Lynx B/ silverbullet - SOLD

Since all the guys running vees at my track are now in FF, FC or sedans I guess its time for me to sell.

For sale is my 1975 Lynx B. This car has many years of winning history at Gimli, and I have logbooks back to the early 90's when it was running with Midwestern Council of SCC. In the past 3 years the car has been updated to silver bullet bodywork along with a new roxanne header. Noble rebuilt engine has 4 week-ends on it. Car last raced 2 weeks ago, and other than normal maintenance is good to go again. I have limited spares as I was just getting into this class as it evaporated, but its the only VW I own so it all goes with the car.

My loss is your gain- $6000 CAD/$4500 USD- 2 year price reduction now $4000CAD/3000USD Call/Text (306)501-8001

I am willing to assist with delivery within north america, will consider trades/partial trades with spec miata or dodge powered formula car.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 09.15.21 at 2:50 PM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

That car needs to be in Challenge Cup.
    It is a near match to the car leading in the
    Points Championship.

Liked: 18

Or keep it and cross the Rockies to race with us on the west coast!
    Robbie Arthur FV #67

I'd be happy to make a deal to sell the car to someone closer to Mission.

As for me its the same tow to Mission or to Road America... so if I'm towing that far you can guess which direction my rig will be pointed.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Senior Member Jean-Sebastien Stoezel's Avatar
    Liked: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquizor View Post
    Since all the guys running vees at my track are now in FF, FC or sedans I guess its time for me to sell.
    Noel, we all moved out as it was not fun racing as people moved out and we were left with only 2-3 cars on track last year.
    We were hoping that you would become a regular at the track when you got this car around 2014. There's still hope the FV could run at Gimli again. I'd be in as long as we have at least 4 cars.

JS
    Last edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel; 09.07.18 at 3:54 PM.
    ----------------------------
    Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
    Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA)
    FV #0

BUMP- car has 2 more years of running on it, engine is tired and there still are only 3 vees running in our last race so it needs a new home. Price reduced significantly now $4000 CAD or will consider prating out if major components are spoken for.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default Somebody...

buy this car!

Liked: 536

If I could get to Canada and see if I fit the thing. If it was in the US I'd be all over it.

How much to do a regional/vintage rebuild on an engine? I could do rings and bearing myself, of course....

DAMMIT

Liked: 5

Default Fit

Trying to figure out fit...How tall are you? What size shoe? Looking for a new car for my son. He is 6’2 and size 11.5 shoe. Thx

For sale is my 1975 Lynx B. This car has many years of winning history at Gimli, and I have logbooks back to the early 90's when it was running with Midwestern Council of SCC. In the past 3 years the car has been updated to silver bullet bodywork along with a new roxanne header. Noble rebuilt engine has 4 week-ends on it. Car last raced 2 weeks ago, and other than normal maintenance is good to go again. I have limited spares as I was just getting into this class as it evaporated, but its the only VW I own so it all goes with the car.

My loss is your gain- $6000 CAD/$4500 USD- 2 year price reduction now $4000CAD/3000USD Call/Text (306)501-8001

I am willing to assist with delivery within north america, will consider trades/partial trades with spec miata or dodge powered formula car.

Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmachx View Post
    Trying to figure out fit...How tall are you? What size shoe? Looking for a new car for my son. He is 6’2 and size 11.5 shoe. Thx
    Should not be a problem fitting in that car. Looks like the roll bar has been extended for a tall person. Lynx/Caracal's very roomy, Bill Noble was a very large person and won alot in a Lynx.

I'm 5'9 185lbs, I've had my buddies as big as 6'2 230lbs in the car. Biggest issue is width if you get beyond a certain circumference you'll be leaning on the bars and shifter and it will be uncomfortable. Footwell will be no issue at all, its massive

Liked: 5

Thank you for the response. We have a Lynx and my son doesn’t fit. Had to have the roll bar extended twice. Now his feet don’t fit. ven with his feet sideways they are too big to fit under the body work. Our steering is different in that the steering box is inside the cockpit. So you cannot move your knees up to fit your feet. The front crash box would need to be modified and the steering. I would like to know the distance between between the floor pan to the body work at the pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by JSM16 View Post
    Should not be a problem fitting in that car. Looks like the roll bar has been extended for a tall person. Lynx/Caracal's very roomy, Bill Noble was a very large person and won alot in a Lynx.

I will grab a pic and measurement when I get home tonight.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Bodywork at the pedal face is 15" above the floor in the center, 14" above the floor at the frame rails. Behind the dash it is 20" floor to bodywork. Here is what size 13 tennis shoes look like flat footed on the pedals also he is 6'3" so you can get an idea for knee room.

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 8

Is it still for sale? Looks pretty good I just wonder about getting it into the US?
    regards Chris

Still available, my understanding of the current border situation is commercial traffic can pass private travel is prohibited so we would have to work with an auto transport company or wait till the border opens to private traffic. I also heard rumor it may be possible to meet at the border to do a cross border transaction in COVID times but that would require further investigation.

Liked: 0

Sorry this was last updated a while ago, is this still available?

Still available.

Final bump before winter storage, if you are interested make an offer- I'd really rather have the garage space.

Liked: 51

Default Will take it...call or text me.

Will take it. Its 25 hr drive. Where can we meet. I'm from Binbrook Ontario. Can call or text

John

Default dang it

Quote Originally Posted by Johan W View Post
    Will take it. Its 25 hr drive. Where can we meet. I'm from Binbrook Ontario. Can call or text 289-838-5813.

Tx
    Johan
    I wanted that car, but i'm trapped here in the USA, that sucks, good for you Johan, but i really wish it was me!

Liked: 536

Good thing about Canada is the distances are only 62% of US distances.

Wanted To Buy Interested in your car

I did not see if this was ever sold. Just seeing if it is still available.

Default Lynx ,Silver bullit

Hello, Is you car still for sale? thanks

Default Lynx ,Silver bullit

Liked: 51

Default Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hamilton View Post

Not sure why but I keep buying them. It's in my garage...was a two day trip. Not as far as the one I picked up in Houston Texas. Until the next good one become available.

31. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Default Your car

please lmk the status, Thanks

My loss is your gain- $6000 CAD/$4500 USD- 2 year price reduction now $4000CAD/3000USD

Liked: 1121

FYI:

I’m a regular here and have never seen the seller post.

Meaning, you might PM him. Even if he doesn’t log in, (if his account is configured that way) he will get an email notification that you PMed him. Maybe it’s still for sale...

Best of Luck.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 1417

The listing is marked SOLD and has been for a while. I think we'll lock this one up for good measure.

35. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information