Liked: 9

For Sale 1969 Bobsy Historic Formula Ford

1969 Bobsy “Little Caesars/Pizza Pizza” Historic Formula Ford. The car is accepted by CSRG and includes a CSRG and RMVR logbooks. Asking $22,000.

This FF is one of only four Bobsy Formula Fords built and one of only two known to still exist. It was built in Ohio by Jerry Mong’s Elite Fab and Machine Ltd.

The car was the subject of a total ground-up, nut and bolt restoration in 2018-2019 by Bob Alder, the Bobsy guru and Bobsy Registry webmaster guy. Bob’s restoration, testing and debugging is documented on his website (http://teamterrificracing.net/bobsy/Bobsy%20FFs.htm). The full history of the car back to 1969 is also documented by Bob on the Bobsy website. Bob did a fantastic job restoring the car, one of the reasons I acquired it. Thanks Bob!

I acquired the car from Bob Alder in the summer of 2021, did two weekends (CSRG-Sonoma, VARA-Willow Springs), and decided, sadly, that competitive, open wheel formula ford racing was not for me anymore even at my young 72 years. Recent work done by 7’s Only Racing at Buttonwillow Raceway Park includes an oil change, new front wheel bearings, adjust fire bottle location, replace brake hoses, and bleed the brakes and clutch. A new set of 6-point Autopower belts are good through 12/23. A set of used spare wheels and a new custom made car cover are included in the sale.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for detailed information or more photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 902

I never cottoned on to the car's number before. Brilliant!

GLWTS
    BT

4. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Car still available? Location?

Liked: 956

It was great to see this car at the Crossflow Cup race with CSRG at Sonoma. Really great presentation.

Someone is going to enjoy a really sweet and unique car.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1124

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    I never cottoned on to the car's number before. Brilliant!
    BT
    And now, weeks later, still too brill for me.

Edit: I have just been enlightened by a hyper brill.

Oh My, so glad I didn’t post the above in public. :-)
    Last edited by E1pix; 03.17.22 at 7:02 PM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Bobsy FF

Quote Originally Posted by Ktm View Post
    Car still available? Location?
    Yes, the Bobsy FF is still available. I’m in Bakersfield. I would consider trailering up to the Bay Area if that’s where you’re located Ktm. Send a PM.

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

open wheel formula ford racing was not for me anymore even at my young 72 years.[/QUOTE]

Come on, 72’s young! Bob A has at least 10 years on you, and just may be the youngest octogenarian going! He’s still racing open wheelers. His lovely wife ( same vintage) races a sports racer! They are the Best, and Bob’s work is impeccable. This car is very nice!

Steve
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

12. The following members LIKED this post:

For Sale Bobsy FF For Sale

Still for sale. I’ve lost my permanent storage and am now in a temporary storage unit. Make me a reasonable offer and I’ll deliver the car anywhere on the West Coast….

Post Sold

Sold….. thanks Apex

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1124

After 41 years of friendship, I can tell you your car is going to the right guy!!!
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Thread Information